Looking for a reputable shop in Atlanta area...

SuperSupra1

UnNaturally Aspirated
Aug 1, 2006
Georgia
My '89 7mGTE is giving me some problems. Mainstream has worked on it a few years ago, but the phone is no longer in service. Batlground...let's just say, NEVER AGAIN!! Current problems include overheating...electrical short which blows the fuse to the A/C, gauges and power windows...and it seems like a boost leak. (runs up to around 12-15 lbs and drops back to 6-8, then right back up to 12-15...repeats...) I just don't have the time to do the work myself right now, as I'm in the process of moving. Just need some help and direction towards a shop I can trust. Also need the air conditioner fixed. Even when the fuse isn't blown, it only blows hot air. At this point, I just want to take it somewhere and drop it off, go back in a few days and pick it up and it be right and ready.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I love my Supra...but it's hot in Georgia...which is making it overheat...and me.

The car is currently in Austell, not far from Six Flags. I'm currently living in McDonough. I'll take it anywhere I need to though.

Again, thanks.

Jamie

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Well it's not a shop, its a man, his name is tubby and he is on here, look him up, he's the only man in the world I'd completely trust with my car overnite, let alone over a few weeks, and if anything goes bad(rarely ever does) he makes it right, he takes care of you, I speak from experience, he's in pendergrass

But if you prefer a shop I recommend zen motors, they've done a few supras, I can get you either one of their numbers

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Wow- never heard a bad comment about Battleground.
Say Giter- I haven't heard a word from Tubbie in forever. Is he still into Supras?
When's the last time you spoke with him? I tried calling him last month, no response.

mikes02ls1

Jan 29, 2009
Casa Grande, AZ
Yeah he is still around, he is doing my 2JZGTE Cressida swap at his house. I know right now he is busy, and hard to get a hold of. I've been trying for a minute. I cant show up at his house cause I'm in Arizona, but he was a good customer of mind when I was working in Winder GA...

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Yea man he's repairing my built 7m that another VERY reputable supra guru messed up, no names lol but tubby can do it, also if u choose zen then most likely it would be chris Parvin working on your car and I have an extensive personal history with gin as well, he's done almost anything u can think of to a supra,

Another fantastic shop is garage zero, personal experience with then as well

Or if you kive closer up this way then there's vision performance in young Harris, all these shops have before and are happy to again work an any supra, especially zen