Long time viewer. First time poster.

James T

Apr 22, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all.
I have been using the forums here for quite some time to help with my MA61 Supra.
I have just bought a MA70 GT Supra for a track car project and I thought it was time to man up and join as I will probably need to ask some questions that only you guy's can answer.

JNasty

i drive fast cars (supra)
Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
welcome to the forum bro and congrats on being a mk3 supra owner. once you have the mk3 attack you'll never go back lol...

James T

Apr 22, 2011
Adelaide
Hi fellow.
Thanks for the welcome. I have not been spending enough time on SM as I should.
Just passed the MK3 through South Oz registration. A lot like a cavity inspection.

Now comes the fun!
I will post pics as the old bits come off and the new shiny goes on.

James T

Apr 22, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all. Although I'm not up to posting a rebuild thread I thought it was time to update on the Supra. I managed to finally get through rego inspection (many thanks Tony). The car still looks like it did when I picked it up, however the suspension bushes have been changed, as have the ball joints, and all of the hose clamps have been changed from spring to worm gear. Also had to swap out the drive shaft uni joints and centre bearing.
The stock springs needed to be changed to King low as the car sat 10mm too low at the front and 15mm at the back. I even had to remove the rear seats and belts as the car does not have the shoulder belts in the rear only the lap sash. Funny thing is that even though the car was inspected as a two seater, all I needed to do was write '5 seats' on the rego forms and hey presto my exemption form now shows the car as having seating capacity for 5!
Dan, I know you have gone to the trouble of installing the correct rear belts, however, it might be an option.

I need to add the photos from my PC, it looks like I can't attach from the I pad.
I will continue 'lurking' for a while checking out all the great work from those that have come before and come up with a final build option. Unfortunately, Dan has set the bar sooooooo high anything else just seems a little ghetto.
Maybe I could chrome plate the whole car!
Anyway thanks to all who keep this forum interesting, informative and humorous.
JamesMA GT .jpgphoto 3.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 4.JPGP8041543web .jpg

I thought I would also tack on a pic of my MK2. :)

Last edited: