Long time lurker, first time poster.....HI!

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
I had an opportunity before I left for Army Basic back in late 97 to get a car, which once

I came back I could tweak on. We went to a local lot, and they had two MK3 Turbos there,

one had a BHG Im sure of and the other was an auto. A that time I was young and stupid. I

thought 230 hp was "too much". So I ended getting a 88 MR2 NA 5 speed. Loved the car but

about a year or two later I regretted not getting that Supra. So then from that point I

had.

1) Nitrous'ed 99 Ford Ranger
2) 2003 Cammed all motor (before HP Tuners days lol) ECOTEC Cavalier
3) 00 Civic Si 5 Speed
4) 05 Tiburon SE V6 6 Speed
5) 00 Mustang GT 5 Speed
6) built 06 Cobalt SS/SC 5 Speed

......and now a 09 Honda Fit 5 Speed.

I love the Fit, dont get me wrong. Its lowered, lightened, Rota Slips, CAI, etc.....but.

Its slow. I dont care how you slice 117 HP, its still 117 HP.

My father has a 65 Impala which had a 283/3 Speed. We swapped it to a 4 speed, and then

pulled the motor and dropped in a 396 (.30 over) BBC. He had plans to drop that 283 into a

91 Camaro RS that he bought from my brother. This and that happens. Next thing I know its

at my house, where I pull the motor and do basically all this stuff.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/members-camaros/696633-i-suck-thread-titles.html

But my father makes an off hand comment one day and gets me to thinking. If I had say 5K to

buy a project car that Ive spent all this time and effort on (not alot of money at this

point) would it be on a third gen Camaro? Or would I look for something else....say a car I

had a chance to get and now that Im older want to get?

Easy choice really. So the car is posted up for sale all over forums and facebook and word

of mouth....800.00 takes it with extras. I wont post it here as thats kinda a garbage thing

to do.

So here I am scouring the damn internet, local sites, etc...find one 6 hours away from me

in my budget....with a hole in the block. Uggh.

On a whim a car which I pass every time I go down HWY 24, which is a Supra btw. I stop and

check it out. Now this car I have seen over the last so many years....really gets moved

around a little but no tags or anyting. What I thought was a NA auto....is a 5 speed TURBO!

Interior is crap, I see the AFM and some parts in the back seat, some rust on the rear by

the tails. Get the number of the shop and call them today. Guy said it was brought to him

with a cracked head and hes tried to sell it several times over the years. I ask how much

he wants....painfully expecting something unrealistic.

$800.00

Uh yeah. So here I am. Buy my car, so I can get a Supra. Lets do this.

Long time lurker, first time poster

My name is Chris, nice to meet you.