long time coming

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Hey everybody!! my name is D and Im from Richmond, Virginia. ive been looking at this site for years and dont really know why i havent joined until now. ive probably been reading these forums without posting for 6 years now. for a long time i wanted a supra but never made enough money and plus i think my dad knew i wasnt ready to own a car like this yet. i came close to getting one several times but they always seemed to slip through the cracks by the time i could get the money together:nono: then for a while i gave up because i bought another ford thunderbird to get from a 2 b in. so i worked and paid it off and by then i was making better money. so i looked on ebay one day and boom it was the first one that popped up and it was only 2 miles from my house. about 30 minutes after i emailed about it the owners called me back and i had a testdrive arranged. that morn i went to the bank and my loan was aproved. i didnt want to show up and not have the money to throw down b/c i had 2 others sold while waiting for the money. long story short i knew it was mine when i saw it sitting in their driveway. its a white 89 targa with blue cloth interior. bout 2000 miles on the motor. then a week later i wrecked my baby b/c the throttle stuck. luckly i got it slowed down to about 15 mph so its not totalled but i got some parts to aquire. a week later my dad bought me my second 89 that had a blown engine. came with lots of upgrades and the same wheels and exhaust. the only thing that sets the two apart are the trim and the burgundy interior. i got the motor and trans pulled now and the motor is ready to be built but im trying to figure out if me and my dad can handle the task or if i should let a pro do it. we have some experience but not with imports. im also right now thinking about getting a third supra that i tiink is a good deal. i would eventually like to obtain even more supras and kinds start a used parts business for supras but that here or there. so thats my long story about how i got here and im glad to finally be a part of the community.:biglaugh:

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
welcome to the forum, sucks that you wrecked your first one. as far as rebuilding the motor, you and your dad can do it. just get yourself a tsrm from jeff watson at champion toyota for your year and follow the directions. there is so much helpful info on this site, which you should be aware of if you have been lurking for 6 years.
let's see some pics.