Long Runner Intake Manifold :)

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
gofastgeorge;939647 said:
Just wondering why you didn't flare the ends of the runners more, or add internal velocity stacks inside the plennum the way the Japanese do?

Seems like you not going to get good flow into the runners because of the square edges.

yeah velocity stacks are high $$$ stuff and the runners are not square, with boost air will make it anywhere.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Lets PLEASE not get into a velocity stack flame war again... its been beat to death like 4 times now...

Now, if he puts EGR, and everyting bolts up like OEM, i'm in for one. either q45 or a stock TB... not sure yet... And that welding is beautiful... makes me wanna sell my black supra for a tig welder right now!

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Man everyone has already said it. Those welds are gorgeous. I only know a handful of people that can tig like that. Myself I haven't practiced enough.

PowerTrip Performance

Custom Fabrication
Dec 5, 2005
Oregon
www.myspace.com
Man! is your brother Ron Ramierez or something?:aigo: those are some very beautiful looking welds! Nice looking manifold too, I didn't read every post here, but I am sure someone has mentioned blending the transition from the plenum to the runners (or add velocity stacks), also consider what Seth said about angling the back of the plenum, and you will have a heavily sought after piece. Again, very nice work, keep it up.

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Ok this is one car that i made the FFIM for, and this is how it sits, runs and drives like a champ! Still have to clean up the bay, but we just wanted to see it running with the ffim :)

p969676_1.jpg

p969676_2.jpg

p969676_3.jpg

p969676_4.jpg

IT DID FIT WITH THE STOCK ALTERNATOR LOCATION, BUT HE HAD A DROP DWON BRACKET FOR A WHILE AND FIGURED HED USE IT!!

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
It looks REALLY nice, I'm glad to see it works so well. I'm curious as to how the throttle linkage was set up; did you use only stock pieces still?

Otherwise very clean and I'm now definitely considering this in a few months.

Also, why not have the bung for the vacuum booster facing it and run a shorter pipe? Did you put it where it did because you can keep the stock piping that way?

Keep up the great work

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
wow that looks very nice... does it hit the hood at all while driving? also what is the price and when will you start building more?

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
no it clears the hood, we tested the car under full boost and nothing hit . not sure when ill be able to make more, my brother is busy with med school and has no time to get anymore made right now until summer time ....

blake

Apr 25, 2005
Minnesota
I don't pretend to know alot about welding, but I do know that when you get props from both Ron and IJ, you did good ;) I remember Ron making a whole thread just to share pictures he took of the welds on a jet engine =p

The design looks just like what Larry did for my engine when I asked to keep the runners as long as possible. "Great Minds Think Alike" and all ;) Though we added an alternator drop bracket.

ffim.jpg