Long introduction

teacup

Jun 5, 2013
New Jersey
Hey all

My name is Ryan and I'd like to start of by first saying I'm by no means a qualified mechanic nor do I have much experience with cars. My uncle recently passed away leaving me with his newly purchased white, completely stock, 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo(pictures soon).
I've always been a DIY-kinda-guy so I'm hoping to do as much as the work on this car as possible. However, being 19 with no formal training and a job it will be hard at first but I hope to keep with it.
This being the one of the first and most prominent supra-based websites I found, I figured my membership here could prove invaluable. Look forward to getting to know some of you guys and if you don't mind assisting a novice I'd love to receive some messages and I'll try my best not to bother everyone on the forums.

Have a great day

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
Firstly Welcome to SM. That is a sad way to obtain a supra but such is life I suppose. I hope you charish that car deeply. You will find all the support you need on this site and there are a lot a great people willing to help out any way possible.

teacup

Jun 5, 2013
New Jersey
Well said. Not the way I hoped to get into the car mechanics game but it was a nice push to get into a field I've always had an interest in. I've always been a supra fan since I began my fascination so I'm glad its the car I get to start with. Thanks and hope to get to know you all soon.