lol Geo vs Accord

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
It was Friday night when me and a bunch of friends decided to go go-kart racing in lawrenceburg, IN which is just across the river. It was really fun because they just got new karts less then a week ago. I didnt do too bad, and got 3rd and 2nd among 8 friends.

After some mean drift racing in the little karts, I was getting kinda hyped up. I jumped in my little Prizm 5spd 1.6 100hp beater and followed my friend onto the highway. He has a 90s (95 maybe?) Accord 4dr 4cyl auto. He has a full exhaust w/ silencer (still sounds terrible) and maybe an intake. My Geo is stock (base model) except that I routed the plumbing off the intake box to a better place and took out most of the back interior.

Well on the highway, we decided to line up and go. There were no cars around and we were nearing the bridge. It was from a 55 roll. We motioned a countdown and went. I downshifted to third and took off, just as soon as I heard the Honda engine ramp up to speed. I started to pull on him immediately, and all through the rest of third. He was half a car behind me at that point.
I shifted to fourth and my little car started falling on its face. I think I was going about 80 mph. We continued to pull, but the accord just kept picking up speed. By 95 he was about one car length on me. He backed off just as I shifted in to 5th and started letting my car lose speed.

Even though it wasnt a kill, I am happy. Im surprised I pulled that much in 3rd; I suppose if he had a 5spd it would have been different. We pulled a few more times before we got off the highway, and it was about the same.

Geo Corolla ftw!