lol. Funny craigslist ad for supra

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
"The motor is out of a 1991 JDM Supra, they come stock with eagle rods"

"I'm looking for trades. mainly for anything with a B16 or DOHC Vtec. But shoot me some offers."

:3d_frown: :slap: :umno:

i feel bad for the poor soul who buys into this kids lies...next thing u know the kid will be claiming the car can actually fly too

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
ILikeCarsYesIDo;890936 said:
Notice he's boosting over the stock boost gauge and his oil pressure is near 0...

That's because the JDM oil pressure sensor was hooked up and it fried the gauge ;)

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
You know the car doesn't look that bad, though I'm partial to gay blue. He may be a dumbass, or just ingnorant, but the car looks like it has potential. He said shoot him some offers. It might just be worth what you pay.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Just the fact he said the JDM motor comes stock with eagle rods i wouldnt buy it... and the boost + 0 psi on the oil gauge = bad motor!

Or he knows crazy electronics and thats his "rice" meter for when he races????

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Rennat;891227 said:
Just the fact he said the JDM motor comes stock with eagle rods i wouldnt buy it... and the boost + 0 psi on the oil gauge = bad motor!

Or he knows crazy electronics and thats his "rice" meter for when he races????

I've bought 3 supras and had to have them all towed home. Since so many supras already have JDMs in them that has not been a deciding factor when I have bought one. Oil pressure gauge, easy fix. He's boosting past 8 psi, so what. If it runs good and is not rusty, I'd offer $1500 easy and make the car what I want it to be. If I was looking for a DD to just jump in and go immediately, then I'd shy away from it.
In his description he could be displaying massive ignorance, or being very deceptive. When I buy a car I assume everything I'm told is a lie and check it out for myself. Anyone with half a brain and a little supra knowledge could easily determine how much of a p.o.s. this, or any, car is within the first five minutes of looking at it.

cool chuck

I like rims!
Nov 15, 2007
Maryland
Sounds like he's just trying to dump the car and get into a Honda. Probably doesn't know as much as he thought about MK3s.