Locked up!!!!!

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
You guys would not5 believe how court went friday... I go to court for those tickets i got back in june, end up in jail. The judge had it out for me and my car the minute i walked int he court room. It really sucked, you know im to pretty for jail:love:... it was something i do not want to do again. VA and there laws suck, might i narrow it down and say Va beach. Only in va will you go to jail for a ticket... My driving record sucks so he wanted to teach me a lesson and get me to slow down. What an ass. So i can't get another ticket in 2years or else i have to spend the rest of my time in jail 26 days, because it was 30 but he suspended 26. So im pretty scared to drive my own car....

So options: 1)Sell supra(to someone in another state)/ pay off some things, fix up the house, stash a little cash in savings. Buy another one in a few years.
2)Car cover for 2 years then move to another state.
3)Make it a complete track car, circuit racing would be awsome
4)Change the exhaust get something stockish(HKS Sport)and take my chances, maybe even run next time i get pulled over?

#4 might not even be an option, because the smallest thing can bring unwanted attention ex. car being to low, driving while black etc. and if i get the smallest ticket im locked up again...

Last edited:

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Hmmm, thought you were filipino. LOL

Man, I feel for you....I wish we went through 664 instead that day. :nono: Hate to see you have to sell your car...very nice if I may say....hopefully, you keep it but you do what you gotta do.

So....we you pimped out for a box of cigarettes of what? :sarcasm:

dude. 26 days isn't bad...i would keep the car bra. you could hold your own. im in new york and i did 30 days in nassau county because of some bogus tickets. judge was a woman...threw the book at me when she saw my record. i did the 30 days and as soon as i got out i was so happy i went racing and crashed my evo. irony!!! or just take it easy on the road bro, i know it's hard but try

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
#1: Do not sell supra. I have done this in the past and kecked my self several times for doing it.

#2: Screw a 2X4 to the back side of the gas pedel. LOL

#3: Don't feel to bad about jail. I have also sat in jail over a speeding ticket. I was "clocked" at 103 in a 70 back in 2002. I was happy he only got me at 103. I had to sit 7 days for that ticket. :( The worst part is not getting out for work on the weekends.

#4: Don't drive like a race car driver, slow down and let people "see" your car. I have now been ticket free for 3 1/2 years :) This is with owning a supra, CTS-V, and a GSXR. I just "no" to speed and rapid acceleration.........................most of the time.
With that said I think i need to buy my self a beer and wings tonight for being ticket free for so long.

GrimJack;1103756 said:
Here's a hint, folks: it's not the car that's the problem. People who drive fast or recklessly will do so in any vehicle.

Yeah...but the problem is that he wasn't even driving recklessly. He was just singled out of the group we had on the way to the richmond meet. They threw a bunch of bogus charges on him and basically raped his record even more. It wasn't his fault, the cop that pulled him over just trying to meet his quota or something.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Yeah what he said BOGUS...

GrimJackI get what ur saying though but im not a reckless driver. None of my tickets are reckless driving, the most over is 17mph. The rest are like speed trap tickets, bogus 48 in a 35 type tickets. Like Glenn said that day i got those tickets i we were all going like 60-65mph. Now my records really fucked up, oh well enough bitchin. Gotta figure out what im going to do.

And yes i've heard people selling there cars and punching themselves later, we'll see. This sucks

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Let me expand a bit.

Admittedly, there are cops out there who are on a power trip and live just to make you miserable, however they aren't *that* common, and it's entirely justifiable IMO due to the fact that they spend 90% of their time dealing with the lowest 10% of the population. Furthermore, the system they work under severely handicaps them, so they are hard on the people they dump into the 'bad' bin, in the hopes that they will go away.

That said, I haven't met someone yet with a pile of driving infractions / felonies / jail time that didn't *earn* it. You got pulled out of a pack of cars while doing nothing wrong? What do you want to bet he ran your plate, saw a long list of infractions, and figured he'd pull you over and find something wrong? Evidently he was correct in his assumption, as he threw the book at you and the judge backed him up.

Just how many 'bogus' infractions are attached to your record? And how many justified ones? I've had upwards of 20 infractions over my driving career, all of which were justified, and I've never come close to serving jail time.

Realistically, you have three choices.
1. Change your driving. This is tough to do. Try sticking a picture of the jail on your windshield, where you see it all the time. Or use the rubber band on your wrist trick.
2. Get off the streets for long enough that the police think you've reformed. Depending on the area, this will take 1-5 *years*.
3. Continue in the same vein, trying to convince everyone that you're the victim in a law enforcement conspiracy. Get used to looking through steel bars.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm sure. Law enforcement groups the population into 3 groups. Cops, criminals, and civilians. It's your responsibility to convince them you're in the third class at every opportunity. Right now, I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt that they have you firmly in the criminal class.

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
damn jordan, that really sux. hate to hear that you had to do time over such stupid stuff from a cop that singled you out. and i was there, its now reason why he pulled u over and went straight by me, cause i mean we we all doing the same speed limit and everything. but good luck with ur choices, id say keep it and swap in the 2j that should keep it off the road for a while.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Rule of life: Thay will single you out if your not normal, or driving normal.

Example from my life (another) : When I first bought my Telefonica GSXR I was pulled over for riding 63 in a 55 in Minneapolis on 35. I was in a the middle (20-30 cars around me) lane just keeping up with traffic. And guess what he made his way through the cars, pulled up right behind me and turned on the lights. Was I guilty, yes plus the threw the book at me :(, but come on now there were 20-30 other vechiles driving the same speed WTF. What could I do.....NOTHING. I just learn and keep on living and pd. the hefty fines.

I know it is not any constellation, but rather "your not the only one out there". Keep your head up.

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
Hey man sorry to hear about what happened. I felt bad the day of the meet when they said you got pulled and had to get the car towed. As far as exhaust goes, if you want a quiet exhaust that still performs get the Tanabe.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Okay, lets get this straight, I'm just telling my story man thats it. Im not looking for any hand outs. Just figured I'd let everyone know what happen. Yes the law is the law, i know how it works im the law on a diff level might i say at sea.

I know you've been there done that GrimJack so im not second guessing you, but seriously cops in va beach go hard man. So ur right the best thing to do is lay low... everyone local thats hitting this thread knows me. I bet they can speak for me by saying im no trouble maker. im glad ou didn't get the book thrown at you out of your 20 infractions, take my word jail is no fun place not even for 1 night.

As of now the Supra will sit, i'll figure something out later...

suprajjang:I know the Tanabe is lower in tone but The Troopers said it has to be stock, no modifications. So HKS super sport is the best i can do, because it looks stock. Thanks dude

The cops over here are really strict, especially on imports. I know because I work with 3 retired va beach cops. They even told me that they don't pull muscle cars or trucks over even if they have 3x the noise. The reason; "they were made like that" according to them. Cops out here are usually biased.

Last edited: