Locating RS-R Exmag GT-2 exhaust

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
RS*R GTII is easily one of, if not the best sounding 3" exhausts made for our cars. In mass production at least. However, as said earlier, good luck finding one. The GTII's fate has been condemned just as the race springs have for our vehicles. Quite unfortunate because they have some of the better performing parts...

SupraChrisMk3

New Booster
Feb 8, 2006
Salisbury, Vermont, United States
I did end up buying that Chinaman v-band exhaust from ebay and man is that thing lound now! I ended up ditching all my stock exhaust from the turbo back. Besides the Chinaman catback I now have the DM 3" downpipe and RT test pipe installed. What a huge difference just getting rid of the stock exhaust made. With the DM 57trim CT26 I was maxing out at maybe 7psi before. Now I'm probably close to 10psi and maxing out the stock gauge at full boost. I think that for some it would be too loud but I love it, especially when accelerating. The only thing that I think is going to take a little getting used to is that cruising at certain RPMs the droning is quite noticable. For now though I think that money and performance wise it was well worth it. If I can get my camera back from my brother I will try to make some clips this weekend.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Moy;1532846 said:
RS*R GTII is easily one of, if not the best sounding 3" exhausts made for our cars. In mass production at least. However, as said earlier, good luck finding one. The GTII's fate has been condemned just as the race springs have for our vehicles. Quite unfortunate because they have some of the better performing parts...

This is true for sure, but why would you want the springs? Old roommate of mine had the RS*R race springs, and quite honestly, neither of us cared for them. The Eibach's on the other hand, that I had on my 88 n/a...