List of reasons why 1jz will not rev past xxx rpm

josh930

Jan 14, 2006
NY
Its very hard to search reasons why people have problems reving past a certain rpm. You cant search rev or rpm on here because of the length of the words. I know theres alot of reasons but I want to be able to check over everything. If you had a problem and fixed it, tell what the problem was and the solution. Just keep it short and sweet. Thanks

Reasons I know.....

Map sensor
Ecu
tps
timing
fuel pressure

anybody have any weird ones???

My rpm will go to 4000 rpm and bounce back and forth. I try and drive it and no power. Struggles to move and hardly any response from the gas pedal. It revs to 4000 rpm in neutral normaly but once I drive it, it cant find any power. I have a code 31. Any ideas? knock sensors? Timing? grounds?

New.... ignitor, coil packs, caps in blitz ecu, ngk6097's gapped at .025

tried 2 different map sensors

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
TRD87T solved the issue with my old 1J, by replacing/bypassing the 1J fuel pulsation dampner... He tried everything else, but this was the problem-solver.

josh930

Jan 14, 2006
NY
I'm going to try new plugs tomorrow and gap them down. I think I fouled them with too much fuel at one point. Whats up with the code 31 though?

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
Cya;1363126 said:
I think code 31 is the ecu and/or map sensor

If yourerunning a SAFC make sure you have it on the pressure setting and not karman vortex, hotwire or anyother sensor as it will cause you to get a code 31 and it will drive like anus