Lipp egr block off plates from suprasport.com

dunnbeetle

Dec 11, 2005
Bemidji, MN
www.myspace.com
I just ordered these from suprasport and when i tried to put them on I found out that they are the way wrong size, take a look...

the one on the intake mani:
p262544_1.jpg

the one on the back of the head:
p262544_2.jpg

has anyone else had this problem? I think im just going to try and drill out the bolt holes to make it fit.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
I don't know if they changed their design, but those plates used to block the back of the manifold and the side of the head. I.E. they kept the stock EGR cooler, for ease of installation. I wouldn't even bother with that method though, so hopefully they changed their design and you got a rare defect.

bitsnake

May 10, 2005
Dresden, Germany
if i look at your picture it seems that you tried it on the egr cooler. Like the small stock plate on the jdm modells. but thats really the wrong place for THESE plates. would never fit there.

easiest way to close this whole directly would be to use the original plate from toyota. There are some plates also sized like the egr cooler, that looks much better but i don´t know if someone makes these in u.s.

John

dunnbeetle

Dec 11, 2005
Bemidji, MN
www.myspace.com
well this is a jdm engine if that makes a difference...i drilled part of one of the holes so the smaller plate fit on the back of the head, should work just fine....then ill prolly do the same for the one on the intake....aren't these the places I need to to block off for removal of the egr?

bitsnake

May 10, 2005
Dresden, Germany
ok, this should make a difference. JDM engines don´t have the egr normally. they have a smaller plate on the egr cooler (like you tried on the photo). don´t know whats on the intake, never seen such an engine in real life. think that could also be different since i´m ordered some gaskets for the egr by mistake and they were bit different.

The place on the head´s backside is the best way since it will prevent hot exhaust gas in the egr cooler. most people close only the wholes on the intake and side off head and leave the egr cooler alone. Thats easier on a mounted engine and thats also what most of the manufactured block-off plates for.

if your´s is a jdm engine you should have the mentioned small plate already. Maybe it´s gone during the rebuild.

John

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
There has been no changes in the egr block-off plates LIPP has ever made. If it's cast aluminum with the word SupraSport on it it's the original design.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
I had the EGR plates on my engine. They go where the EGR valve bolted to. I suggest a 1/4"-1/2" increase in intake manifold EGR bolts as the SupraSport plates are thick and you can not get enough bite to torque plates down much.

dunnbeetle

Dec 11, 2005
Bemidji, MN
www.myspace.com
Yeah i think maybe they should go where the egr bolted on to the head, and then the intake....not the back of the head(just leave the big back plate on)....how does this sound?...they will probably fit this way too, never even thought about it.