Lipp Boss Sr. Turbo replacement

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
I have a stage 4 Boss Sr. 57 trim TO4e Turbo with a few broken/bent fins

what other turbos fit into this Lipp boss turbine housing?

I'm guessing the stage 4 is an O-trim?

Being as the stage 5 is a P-trim

so will any O-trim T4 turbo bolt into the exhaust housing?

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Not to sure about the turbo. Cat really justify unless I see Photos.

Id Love to get my hands on this turbo so I can see how they did everything, I have a T04e 57 trim wheel thats brand new, sitting on my self. I can replace that messed up wheel. And be able to spec out that turbine wheel

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
the motor is currently at a friends house, but I should be able to pick it up tomorrow.

it is my understanding that Lipp Boss cast's the turbine housing, and the center section and the compressor are made by comp turbo.

after looking at their catalog, it seems that the only turbo's they offer in a TO4E configuration, are T3/T4 turbo's

are T3 and T4 turbine housings interchangeable for the TO4E, or is the center section totally different?

seems like most turbo's that come in an O-trim, are T3/T4 turbo's as well

I wouldn't mind getting the compressor wheel fixed, but the turbo needs to be rebuilt as well, and I don't think it'll be worth it after the shipping cost both ways(I'm in Hawaii, and they rape up with shipping cost)

Plus I kind of wanted to go with something a little bit bigger, either a 60 trim, or a 60-1

If I could get the exhaust housing machined out to fit a p trim, that would be awesome as well.

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
I do not know about interchangeability, maybe someone else does. Depending on how much shipping is(if its as bad as you say) plus the cost of a rebuild it would probably be easier/cheaper just to ditch the boss. Go with a garrett or a holset, you can find them used cheap, can get manifolds for like $250 and you can always get a knockoff WG if thats not in your budget just to get you running. When/if my boss fails that is more than likely what I am going to do. Don't get me wrong, the I love my 60-1 but if I had it to do again I think I would just go full blown t4. It is more cost effective(unless you get a deal on the boss). Also, on a side note, do you run a filter/restricter on yours?

Albert

May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Yeah, with a broken compressor wheel, and needing a rebuild, its prob not worth anything.

Let me know if you want to sell it. Id love to get my hands on it so I can look into castings for the ct26. maybe make one that will use a p trim.

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
The turbo it self, as it is right now is basically trashed.

The reason I bought it, was for the exhaust housing, so I'm basically looking for turbo's that will bolt into the Boss exhaust housing.

Preferably something under $800, anymore, and I'm better off just buying a replacement directly through comp.

I have considered going to a full blown T4, But the Boss even in the current TO4E size, is more than enough to put out the numbers I want(400-450whp).

Reason I don't want to go with a full T4 with an external waste gate is that I don't have a supra. So none of it will be even close to bolt on, and I want this to be a daily driver that'll basically run like stock(A/C, P/S, etc...), with a bit more power.

Albert

May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I may be picking up a p-trim boss exhaust housing from another member. If I have his, with yours, I can make 2 different housings. plus possibly machine yours to except a p-trim.

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
Contacted comp turbo, the turbo that I have is the CT3-5762 with the water cool option

which is basically a T3/T4 TO4E 57 trim that is water and oil cooled.

they do sell the turbo without the turbine housing if anyone else was wondering

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

oh yeah, I also measured my turbine wheel exducer, and got about 61mm, so I'm pretty sure it's an O-trim