Line behind the Idle Air control valve

1jChris

Oct 31, 2010
NY
Hello fellow members, I recently took apart my intake manifold and while it was out, I lost the line that runs from the idle air control valve to the exhaust side of the motor. I don't know what its for but I do remember it was a hardline, about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch in diameter and it was a light green/greyish color and it was connected to a breather filter on the passenger side of the motor. Now that it's missing, the car starts but is idling up and down, unless I cover the hole where the pipe is missing then it idles normal. My two questions are, what is the original purpose of this line? And can I replace it with a rubber hose as a temporary fix until I find a replacement line from another motor?

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
On my car I just stuck a $15 Airaid mini filter on the ISCV itself. That pipe being off shouldn't make the car idle weird/high. Mine ran fine with it off even before I stuck the filter on there. Sounds like you have an intake manifold vacuum leak somewhere (vac hose or something).

1jzbmwm3

Feb 8, 2012
md usa
I have the same issue with mine..i had a rubber hose replacing the oe line, but it idles high unless the hose is pinched off and the air flow is restricted. Does anyone here know where i can get the "OE" part ? Or can anyone send me a pic as to what the heck this part looks like ??? THANKS ALOT