lex injectors!!!!

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
it doesnt appear as tho he does....its not lex 550s, its "lex/550's"...which means lex AND 550s, its not just one thing. needless to say, you have a lot of research to do before you start thinking about doing anything to that car.
unless of course i have been in the dark all this time about lex injectors.not that it matter bc i already have the injectors i need :p

siikmk3

Dec 15, 2009
nova
look dont bash my thread i have built lots of cars this is my first mk3... i saw somewhere that you could use lexus v8 injectors and the afm to increase you air and fuel by 25 percent.... im asking for help not a smart ass remark about my knowledge of cars...so if u wanna help thats fine if not just dont say anything at all. so you say i need to do research well hmm i thought thats what i was doing i was unsure of the facts about using the lex injectors so i asked nothing more nothing less so no need to be a :asshole:

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
well if that was a response to me, im just telling you. the first response you will always get is to use the search option. if you have,thats generally a good thing to put in your original post that way you dont get bashed. not trying to be an asshole just informing you that the mod is usually not lex550's...is is a lex afm AND 550cc injectors, as my original reply said. so, as to try to help you, you need a lexus v8 AFM from like a 94 SC400..there are many threads about this topic.

edit: people can be way bigger "assholes" than i have been(havnt been in my opinion) also, i dont think anyone was bashing your knowledge of cars in general. merely saying that you have no idea what your doin in this case. i noticed that you only have 7 posts,not bashing,but once youve been on here a while and see the same questions asked over and over and most of the pople dont bother to search they just post..it gets kind of annoying.

edit2: nutsack..(thats just for fun)

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
siikmk3;1477516 said:
look dont bash my thread i have built lots of cars this is my first mk3... i saw somewhere that you could use lexus v8 injectors and the afm to increase you air and fuel by 25 percent.... im asking for help not a smart ass remark about my knowledge of cars...

Sorry if it seemed I was mocking your knowledge of other cars, I wasn't. I was mocking the fact that in this day and age there are people in "western" society who still can't read or write.

siikmk3

Dec 15, 2009
nova
i understand the search button lol but i couldn't find the year make model part im not gonna go pull a noob and buy some shit thats not gonna work i have the afm i got it with the car he siad i need the injectors from a lex but didnt say what year or model im sure its frustrating when you see the same shit over and over but i couldnt find the year make and model sorry if i was a dick but im just sick of this stupid boost cut:: facepalm ::

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
to the op you searched but you did not read.

you pull the afm from a lex v8 (search to find model). the 550cc injectors are either from an FC RX-7 (search for specific years) or get some RC injectors from ebay or a reputable dealer.

the ones you listed are DOWNGRADES at best. http://www.lextreme.com/7mge.html

siikmk3

Dec 15, 2009
nova
mkIIIna obviously you didnt read be for you put you word in. as for the link you posted that is na and in no means will be of any use to me but thanks anyway:withstupi

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
siikmk3;1477867 said:
mkIIIna obviously you didnt read be for you put you word in. as for the link you posted that is na and in no means will be of any use to me but thanks anyway:withstupi

Hmm... lets see.

He just posted a link that shows the FLOW RATE of the INJECTORS YOU WERE LOOKING AT. It shows that the 1uz (the engine that those other injectors come from) has a LOWER, let me repeat, LOWER flowrate than the stock injectors for even an NA Supra.

Do you have a clue what 550 stands for? It has a major significance. One which you aren't grasping.

Learn to read, learn to type, learn to use some punctuation. Maybe Supraforums is more your speed if you keep up this mentality.

If you dont want help, the DONT ASK FOR IT.

Last edited:

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
just ban this dude, he doesnt understand the concept of knowledge, let alone have any.

the info he needs is already in this thread. i say close it and let him research himself.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
high.jpg

Dangerously close.

Consider your next post carefully.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
What you need is the "Air Flow Meter" off a lexus v8 and you need some 550cc injectors, See a reputable site like Driftmotion, they have all you need in one place.
To tune this new combination it's nice to use a basic Apexi safc on a dyno that is well respected or with a wideband to keep your air fuel ratios where they need to be under the new found flow rate. Because your increasing both fuel and air it's sometimes pretty close but it's wise to tune according to your engines needs.
At least a Walbro 255lph in tank pump is also recommended with these new goodies to keep everything matched along with an adjustable fpr to help out with the tuning process and bypassing the j tube is also to be done at the same time.
Might be nearly time by this stage to think about replacing the head gasket for a metal one like a Hks ,Titan, cometic or some other variation using new Arp bolts or studs.
Then your at the limit of the Stock ct26 anyway so time for a ct 26-57 trim or some other variation with a suitable filter.
Do i stop here or do you want a few more answers served on a platter for you. ?
Basically i just wanted to show that there is more to do than just slap on a set of injectors and Afm then go demolish some porches.
Hope this reply was nice enough.

MacDaddy_J_420

I heart SM
Sep 5, 2007
Dalton, GA
wiseco7mgt - Don't confuse the man anymore than he already is, he doesn't need the air flow meter he only needs the housing, the air flow meter is the same as in the 7mgte. I am not trying to be a ass or anything just trying to not get our guy here even more lost haha.