Lex AFM Results

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Well guys i spent today playing around with the Lex AFM and the stock fuel system. I am not sure how some of you guys were able to use the Lex AFM on the stock fuel system and stock settings. I think it would have been find with AFPR even without a pump.

I pulled the fuse EFI fuse and also the main the relay and installed the Lex AFM and deleted my SAFC-II settings. On the stock settings at idle was getting 17.1+ and once the car warmed up it was even leaner. So I had to add fuel 8% across the board. That put the a/f ratio closer to stock numbers roughly 15.3-15.6 and at cruise it kept the a/f ratio close to 14.7 with it peaking around 15.3.

So I changed my timing again and it put it at 8 degrees before TDC and I started to boost and it was way to lean. I was seeing 13+ so I added more fuel and I ended up adding pretty much 12% across the board.

If I had AFPR i think it would have been perfect even without the SAFC-II, since I would have bumped the fuel pressure up maybe 5psi and it would have been pretty close to the numbers I am seeing now.

I put the timing back to 10 and now the car is boosting happy with the low throttle corrections of +9% and high throttle +12% across the board. My peak a/f during WOT is 12.2 and at idle I am seeing VAC of -21 IN-Hg

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
umm i hit fuel cut around 16psi but that probably b/c i added so much fuel if I had scaled back some fuel and added fuel using an AFPR it might be able to go 20+

yea it felt alot faster but i am so used to more power that it wasnt all that .... 300rwhp isnt much after you you get hooked on 450+

another thing to note is that when i pressed/released the break my A/F ration changed a good bit i might need to take a look deeper into that.

tweak666

May 11, 2006
boca raton, FL
bountykilla0118;1007971 said:
another thing to note is that when i pressed/released the break my A/F ration changed a good bit i might need to take a look deeper into that.

i'm having that same problem, i can't figure it out. someone said it might be the brake booster or a vacuum leak. someone else said it might be a bad ground. i changed all my vacuum hoses yesterday, and i still have the problem. i'm gonna have to test the booster and check all my grounds

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
I cant see a bad ground being the issue there with you. Cap off the nipple that goes to the brake booster and see if that helps ..... it will just make braking a bit harder until you put it back.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Nick M;1008174 said:
There is a check valve in the booster.

You do have bigger injectors with that Lex meter?

Are u asking me or him? I am on the stock fuel pump, FPR, and injectors. I am using one of the AEM widebands and SAFC-II

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
that's very odd that you had to add fuel under WOT seeing as how I had to pull fuel out and lots of it, starting at 22% ending at 12% to get a afr of 11.5 I do have a walbro and afpr, but even without that my car was very rich under WOT same as stock. And I made 301hp on 14psi with this setup and the car is running great. I want to start a thread to see just how many people blew there motor with the lex afm and stock injectors "tuned" because a lot of people say you will blow your motor, I wonder if there just saying that because they seen it in person done it or just because every one else is saying it I want proof , I have searched I seen one car that blew a motor running 17psi, now that’s just stupid on stock fuel setup.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Hey for your wide band issues do you have it grounded through an isolator? Any change in voltage to the wideband or feed back through a ground will make it change, I.E. braking tail lights come on...ect Try turning the headlights on and see if the same thing happens.

But none the less good information even though I would recommend it to anyone not running a wideband and having tuning capabilities.... Lex, 550's, AFPR, Wideband, and S-AFC II FTW!

HTH,
Seth

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
bountykilla0118;1008461 said:
Are u asking me or him? I am on the stock fuel pump, FPR, and injectors. I am using one of the AEM widebands and SAFC-II

You are the one who said you are lean running an AFM designed around a certain CFM and corresponding injectors, but you don't have the injectors. So yeah, that would be you.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Nick the point i was making was that i dont see how other who have posted that their were able to run the lex afm without any changes with the tune.... I agree with the other members who say dont run the lex afm without a good tune. Was the point I was getting at.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
bountykilla0118;1008878 said:
...were able to run the lex afm and 550s without any changes with the tune....

Fixed it for you.
I don't think you have seen anyone post that they could run the lex on stock injectors without tune. You will have to cite it if you have.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Thats cool. I never really thought about being able to tune a lex setup not using 550s. I was under the impression that it was a big nono and was pretty dangerous but you have proved that wrong..Although a walbo would be good insurance.Good info.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Quin ..... we had some PM's a while back about it but i was trying not to be too specific :) but are you guys running on the stock settings like fuel pressure and stock ECU fuel maps w/o any piggy back scaling?