Lets talk about the new E-Manage Ultimate

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
Idealsupra said:
wtf is the second link? it comes up as a shitload of japanese symbols on a txt documnet in my web browser?!
Link is working for me.....

But I attached the image for you :)

Attachments

• aft.jpg
    aft.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 45

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Looks pretty neat as far as a piggyback. You still have to leave the shitty stock ecu in though, maybe the biggest drawback to any piggyback, lol.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
NegativeGeForce said:
looks almost like the same old crap, but in a new box with like a couple things added

this unit is completely different then the blue emanage...this is more like the map ecu (which was lightyears ago of the blue emanage) and this also has features normally only found in standlone setups... THIS will be the pinnacle of piggybacks for the time being.

on a side note your engine bay looks pretty good in your sig... the stickers o nthe timing case are little much though... is it EVER gonna run is the question?

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
If the new one is anything like the old one, any wideband will work that puts out a signal the Eman can calculate off of.

You determine the parameters.

I had my PLX hooked up, and programed into the Blue Eman, and it was dead accurate with the readout on the PLX. (Used the voltage to AF rates suggested by PLX, programed that into the Eman, and it would then data log the AF for me.)

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
I've haven't looked into fuel tuning for a while but need to. I remember hearing that the SAFC and similar controllers are eventually overridden by TCCS. Will the same occur with a unit like this or does it compensate for that learning? Do yall have to reset the ecu frequently to keep the desired ratios?

I finally added the press. sensor to my Zeitronix setup so I would imagine I could use it with something like this as well. I'm as rich as 10.1:1 at full pressure (14.5 psig) but looked a little lean at lower pressures (14:1 ~5-6psi)
Thanks for the info,
Brian W

87_7MGTE

SOLD :(
Mar 30, 2005
Bellingham, WA
so i got my hands on the emanage ultimate software today, and on the vehicle tab, there is a drop down box from where you select your engine code. well, of course 7M isnt supported, so what is an engine that is close enough to ours that will work? there is a dodge stealth motor (6G72) that has almost the same settings we do (6 cyl, 3 litre, KV sensor). there are a few other 4 cyl engines and 2.5 litres with KV also.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
prsrcokr said:
I've haven't looked into fuel tuning for a while but need to. I remember hearing that the SAFC and similar controllers are eventually overridden by TCCS. Will the same occur with a unit like this or does it compensate for that learning? Do yall have to reset the ecu frequently to keep the desired ratios?

I finally added the press. sensor to my Zeitronix setup so I would imagine I could use it with something like this as well. I'm as rich as 10.1:1 at full pressure (14.5 psig) but looked a little lean at lower pressures (14:1 ~5-6psi)
Thanks for the info,
Brian W

I don't want to Hijack the thread, but has anyone else heard of this?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
rakkasan said:
I don't want to Hijack the thread, but has anyone else heard of this?

that has ALWAYS been the case in closed loop operation (meaning low load, cruising). SAFC, old VPC, MAP-ecu SUCCUMB to the TCCS at anything but WOT.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
figgie said:
that has ALWAYS been the case in closed loop operation (meaning low load, cruising). SAFC, old VPC, MAP-ecu SUCCUMB to the TCCS at anything but WOT.
True. I'm probably going to use the aux. output of the eman to switch between the stock O2 sensor and a constant 1.5V into the Ox pin of the ECU. With a constant 1.5V, the ECU will always think that the mixture is perfect and won't try to adjust it once the car is warmed up. I think it should work that way.

But the really interesting part will probably be to make it work with the 7M-GTE at all.
The 6G72 setting looks about right as far as I can tell, that is if the "crank angle type" and the "airflow meter spec" is correct.
Maybe we can work out a way to supply our own engine parameters, the presets must be stored somewhere within the software after all.
Is there a way I can take a look at it too?

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
God forsaken,
why didnt greddy put in the 7mgte as a motor already? They are putting in stupid 4 cylinders all day long but leave an inline 6 turbo out in the cold? Thats harsh Greddy/Trust. ugh

I am sure we can get around it though. No worries.

I think I am going with this other than the Megasquirt full stand alone.....since my car is a daily driver I dont have the time to wire up and fully tune the MS in one night...where the e-ultimate just might be the plug-n-play ticket I have been lookign for!