Legal High and Trip (Salvia Divinorum)??

Should Salvia-Divinorum be legal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
So, there's a drug that's perfectly legal according to the US government. It's only abolished in 4 states, but I would like to know your take on this topic. Seeing as I had 18 hours of sleep from being sick, was bored, and was trying to kill time I came across this Salvia. Here's some more information.

Price range : Around 8-100$ Depending on the amount and potency of the Salvia-A extract.

Where to get it : Any local shop that might sell tobacco bongs or a party shop

Effects : When inhaled into lungs for more than 10 seconds it provides a hallucinogenic trip. It isn't addictive, and lasts only 2-10 minutes. It only takes around 5 seconds after an inhale for the effects to start wearing in. This is one of the most powerful hallucinogens known to man.

So, I would like to hear your input. Either way this is nothing that should be used other than experimental reasons, and should always be used under the supervision of a sober friend.

-Matt

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Absolutely not!!! Seems to have the same effect as illegal drugs and Drugs are bad mmmkay.

Think about this...it last for 2-10 mins right? Say someone does it and then hops in their car and drives...I think you are catching my drift.

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
AF1JZ;911661 said:
Absolutely not!!! Seems to have the same effect as illegal drugs and Drugs are bad mmmkay.

Think about this...it last for 2-10 mins right? Say someone does it and then hops in their car and drives...I think you are catching my drift.

According to how bad the effects are, it's nearly impossible to start the car unless somebody puts you in the seat, starts the car, puts it in gear and guides you.

Although I'm sure this would never happen, and there's been no reported cases of harm during the use of Savia-A extract.

But good point, there's always rare cases where something bad could go wrong. Let alone a bad trip could lead to a possible coma or heart attack if used under health problems or use with heart medication.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
AF1JZ;911661 said:

you could absolutly not do it then hop into a car...

but doing it in the car while driving is a different story.

i've tried the stuff, and before you finish exhauling, you begine seeing effects.

color's drag, and it's hard to make out any thing because each color crosses your vision like a painted pouring paint onto the canvas, and you feel like your looking into a tunel

you lose all motor skills. or atleast delay them to pointless use..

was it fun?

hell yeah, but every body will see it differently i supose,

i haven't done it since, even though i have the money and im allowed to purchase the drug.

i just couldn't imagine doing that every day..

even friends who buy alot of it at once wont do it much more then a few times every season or year.. unless their a shroomer....

for a personal house use, or regligon use, i see no wrong in this drug some people could say it relaxes them or they feel enlightened possibly even other things...

though if use tends to be in vehicles or in public then it could cause problems.

if some one lights some of this up on the back of the bus or at a bus stop, the person next to them wont know what the hell just happened for atleast 5 minutes..

i would imagine this is more of a gateway drug then pot is.

my 2cents..

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
st2b;911669 said:
it's nearly impossible to start the car unless somebody puts you in the seat, starts the car, puts it in gear and guides you.

pimptrizkit;911671 said:
you could absolutly not do it then hop into a car....

There are some crazy people out there. So, you never know. If you ask me, it if makes drug like effects, I consider it a drug.

Also, ever thought that this stuff might also be a gateway to other illegal drugs????

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
A friend of mine tried this awhile ago. He was with 3 other friends, he said they kept getting closer to him and their heads were blowing up, like balloons. He kept yelling at them not to get closer or they were gonna pop haha. The place in Boston that used to sell it around here doesn't anymore. The rumor is someone used it and committed some sort of crime, and the salvia was blamed. Again that was just a rumor. You can even buy pre-rolled joints of this stuff online an its completely legal. I just don't think losing complete control and sense of reality would be fun for me.

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
MassSupra89;911691 said:
A friend of mine tried this awhile ago. He was with 3 other friends, he said they kept getting closer to him and their heads were blowing up, like balloons. He kept yelling at them not to get closer or they were gonna pop haha. The place in Boston that used to sell it around here doesn't anymore. The rumor is someone used it and committed some sort of crime, and the salvia was blamed. Again that was just a rumor. You can even buy pre-rolled joints of this stuff online an its completely legal. I just don't think losing complete control and sense of reality would be fun for me.

But you have to admit, it's fun watching others trip :naughty:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Oh I think it would be hilarious.I just watched a few more videos of documented trips. I think 10 minutes is the best time for it to last. Just long enough to be entertaining and not too long to go crazy.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
i had some friends try it. it sounded really lame. you get all these dumb kids hyping it up. but they never did any hard drugs. so how would they even know?

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
I have done a few drugs in my time, though (aside from pot) never more then once or twice, I might have to try this salvia stuff.

IMO, drugs are a natural occurring thing, and as long as you are older then 20 - 21 then doing them is your choice, your actions while on them are your fault, but the ability to do them should be no one elses.

The effects of drugs on crimes / death are just as great as things such as depression and other commonly occurring effects the body already creates for it self (In regards to very low use, without getting involved on the actual dealing end).

To each their own.

Btw, don't tell me I have not been educated, my mother works at the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) in the National Institute of Health Branch (NIH)... I have been talked to about drugs since I was 8 and told that they are not always a bad thing...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Kinda like Amsterdam. Known for their drug freedom, some months back they banned psychedelic mushrooms bc some teenage twit took a bunch and then jumped off a bridge to her death. That's great. One depressed dumbass ruins the fun for the whole country and everyone who comes there to party. Wonder when they'll ban mary jane as well.

I have no clue about this Salvia stuff. I don't think I know anyone who's even done it

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
lagged;911743 said:
the government should have no right to say what we can or can not put into our bodies. period.

They technically don't. You can smoke pot all day, or trip acid all day, as long as your not in the public where you can possibly injure somebody else, then it's perfectly fine. Sure you can't carry 10lb bags of dope around, but whoever does deserves to be locked up. Period.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I don't understand why people are constantly trying to find new ways to get high. In these days of wretched excess, aren't there already enough ways to ruin yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.