LED JDM tail lights are finished! Lots of photos

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
tekdeus said:
led2.jpg

reminds me of a trans am with the taillights like that and the fenders like that, and the spoiler

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
It was virtually impossible to remove the paint off the back of the center lens. I tried all kinds of paint removing products with bad/damaging results. Poodles(SM member here) says he did it by scrubbing it off with Castrol super clean but the paint on my lens didn't budge using it. If it does work, it would have taken days of scrubbing.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I too tried to get the paint off with chemicals and had no success. I think however it could be done with some type of blasting technique. Glass bead, sand or maybe even dry ice might be the way to do it.

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
:bowdown: I think they look mean as hell!!!! I will be doing somthing similar, here in the near future. Good work man... L.E.D work is a pain in the ass.

~Cory

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Personally, I'd leave the center unlit with the normal lamps on, and make it come on as third brake light (that's my stealth third brake light design idea, giving away info here).

Yes, it took WEEKS of scrubbing and soaking to get the nearly 20 year old paint off. If you tried with a new one fresh from Toyota...

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Looks incredible!

I know this is asking alot but... I would love to see a short video clip of the lights..applying brake lights...turns, etc. It would really give everyone a better look at them in action. Just a thought.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
suprabad;1122101 said:
Looks incredible!

I know this is asking alot but... I would love to see a short video clip of the lights..applying brake lights...turns, etc. It would really give everyone a better look at them in action. Just a thought.

ditto

TuRbOdReAmZ87

Supramania Regular
Feb 2, 2007
Southern mass
www.cardomain.com
I wasnt to sure about how they would look when i first saw them and i didnt really like how the red LED's went all the way over to where the blinkers are but now seeing how they look on the car im impressed and i think they look really good!! Very nice job!! :icon_surp