LED in the dash

mjmendoza

May 7, 2007
San Jose
Is there anything on SM that shows how to make the lights on the dash LED. I see a couple people on SM that have it. Just wanna know how they do that.
THanks

mjmendoza

May 7, 2007
San Jose
BorHor;997212 said:
Have you searched?? there are a few threads about this. They are just plug and play LED's BTW.

i saw the thread u started. where did u get the LED's from? the ones for the CC.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
http://superbrightleds.com/
they have what you want. I suggest getting the 5 led bulbs to replace the dash bulbs. they even have the teeny ones that go in your keylock assembly,glove box,lower driver side interior light and a few others. they can be pricey after a few bulbs,but i think they are worth it. i did my interior in blue,and its sweet!!!

mjmendoza

May 7, 2007
San Jose
supraman7mgte;998008 said:
http://superbrightleds.com/
they have what you want. I suggest getting the 5 led bulbs to replace the dash bulbs. they even have the teeny ones that go in your keylock assembly,glove box,lower driver side interior light and a few others. they can be pricey after a few bulbs,but i think they are worth it. i did my interior in blue,and its sweet!!!

you have any pictures of them in your ride? i would like to see

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
tisk tisk tisk.

all this talk of LED and no way to control thier brightness. You need to make a PWM controller to control the LED bright ness from full bright to 5%.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
figgie, I have superbright led's 5 angle pieces in my dash. The dimmer operates exactly how it did with the stock bulbs.

That actually surprised me!

mkiiitnr

Big Sinlge
Mar 24, 2006
kansas
ditto here the dimmer worked on the 5 led bulbs from superbrightleds.....not trying to jack the thread but what is the size or number on the bulb for the oil pressure gauge? my dash looks great except for that one bulb

aznwaterboy

Swap never finished
Feb 5, 2006
Bay Area, California
are these direct drop-in? I'm fixing my gauge cluster now and i should probably replace the bulbs. These look like a great replacement and i want to use these. how well does the green leds match up to the original green in the cluster?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
shaeff;999295 said:
figgie, I have superbright led's 5 angle pieces in my dash. The dimmer operates exactly how it did with the stock bulbs.

That actually surprised me!

I would like to see how the life expectancy is of those LED on a resistive based circuit instead of PWM.

I myself am looking at efficeny :) Analog resistance produces heat which I am trying to avoid :)

BTW PWM circuit is not that difficult. I just finished building one yesterday and it does 0%-100% with no problems. No not a 555 timer based PWM. Those are only good for 25%-95%.

The MOSFET does not even get warm when PWM a computer fan. Good to 14amps :)