Leaking injectors

ToyoHabu

Jun 25, 2005
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
My Injector rail has sprouted a leak, and my calls for a dutch boy have gone unheaded. oh well plan b. Bought some new O-rings from Toyota dealer meant for 2JX turbo. looked like they should work, no dice, the one that goes around the pentle(SP) was too thin and the injector did not seal against the retaining bar correctly (could see daylight through the top). So now this is the second time I have removed the fuel rail and its getting tiresome. So I thought I would be smart and use my old 7M NA fuel pump immersed in some mineral OIL (did not like the idea of using gas) and presurize the fuel rail outside of the car. worked like a charm except that most of my injectors seam to be leaking now out of the electronic connectors, the little buckets around them began to fill up. My question is have a damaged the Injectors ? and why would they just start all of a sudden to leak one day ?

ToyoHabu

Jun 25, 2005
I was hopeing against hope that someone knows about this , but isn't that like hoping someone has had trouble ? anyway who would I turn to too have this fixed. Is it better to send in old injectors to be rebuilt, Or should I install some 550's with a FC ?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
ToyoHabu said:
My Injector rail has sprouted a leak, and my calls for a dutch boy have gone unheaded. oh well plan b. Bought some new O-rings from Toyota dealer meant for 2JX turbo. looked like they should work, no dice, the one that goes around the pentle(SP) was too thin and the injector did not seal against the retaining bar correctly (could see daylight through the top). So now this is the second time I have removed the fuel rail and its getting tiresome. So I thought I would be smart and use my old 7M NA fuel pump immersed in some mineral OIL (did not like the idea of using gas) and presurize the fuel rail outside of the car. worked like a charm except that most of my injectors seam to be leaking now out of the electronic connectors, the little buckets around them began to fill up. My question is have a damaged the Injectors ? and why would they just start all of a sudden to leak one day ?

I bought mine from NAPA : they come in small boxes with different orings.
It also comes with a thicker cushion gasket that sits between the injector and the fuel rail. Is that where your injector is leaking??

Little oring will not seal that, you will need the bigger gasket as I mentioned.

ToyoHabu

Jun 25, 2005
About 4 out of the 6 leak out of the electrical pins into the basket where the electrical plug is. Two of the six leak now around the pintel and two leak around back side. I feal like the titanic :cry: I might be interested in buying a set of ether a the JDM high impeadance 440 or US market low impeadance 550's If I go with the 550's I will need guidance on how to best manage the fuel.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
ToyoHabu said:
About 4 out of the 6 leak out of the electrical pins into the basket where the electrical plug is. Two of the six leak now around the pintel and two leak around back side. I feal like the titanic :cry: I might be interested in buying a set of ether a the JDM high impeadance 440 or US market low impeadance 550's If I go with the 550's I will need guidance on how to best manage the fuel.

That is strange that all 6 will go out like that.
Recheck man..maybe one is spraying out and looks like all are leaking??

Oh yeah..440's are direct fit, and ecu can handle it..so i have been told.

550's, are great...and Emanage would be a better choice to use to controll/tune it. It does not mess with timing.

I am going to use emanage with mine once I install it.