leak and major problem now

bilalkq

Jan 12, 2009
fresno,CA
i had a leak between water pupm housing an main housing on the block. i opened it and changed gasket on it. i also changed crank shaft and other selas on the main housing. since them i am getting oil on my timming belt and cam shafts. and the car also gets low on water. it also doeasnt feel that strong. i dont know what should i do. i also started getting fuel cut. sometimes when i turn on the car it also idles really bad. and when i turn it off after driving it, it has a sizzling noise near turbo manifoild. i dont know what it could be. any ideas guys. plz help me out

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Sounds like you have multiple problems...

You could possibly have a boost leak, causing you you hit fuel cut.

The sizzling sound could be a coolant or oil leak. Should be able to tell which it is by smelling. Unless the "sizzling" sound you're referring to is actually the sound of coolant bubbling and boiling in the cooling system after shutdown...

Did you install the cam seals properly, and were they OEM Toyota parts? When the cam seals leak, the oil will sometimes run along the side of the valve cover back to the turbo, and it will burn on the exhaust.

bilalkq

Jan 12, 2009
fresno,CA
johnathan1;1260541 said:
Sounds like you have multiple problems...

You could possibly have a boost leak, causing you you hit fuel cut.

The sizzling sound could be a coolant or oil leak. Should be able to tell which it is by smelling. Unless the "sizzling" sound you're referring to is actually the sound of coolant bubbling and boiling in the cooling system after shutdown...

Did you install the cam seals properly, and were they OEM Toyota parts? When the cam seals leak, the oil will sometimes run along the side of the valve cover back to the turbo, and it will burn on the exhaust.

i replaced the oil seals on the front late that goes on the block. and those were crank shaft seals. so i think the oil comes out of there. and yes it was toyota oem seals because i bought it from autozone. ani think they are pretty reliable. i had to take out the crank pulley to tkae out the plate of th block

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Can't give you much help over the net on something like that...if you can't figure out where the leak is coming from, then have a mechanic check it out.

Also, when I said "Toyota OEM" I meant bought and ordered through a Toyota dealer...not Autozone. Autozone only sells cheap aftermarket products for the most part. Inferior parts or improper installation could be a major part of your problem.