Lawnmower Racer!!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
ok update on my progess with the engine so far the thing doesnt like to pull lateral g's so whenever i try driving it in circles it shoots out HUGE plumes of smoke and perfect smoke rings but then stops when i let it idle down. then when i turn it off after driving arround it just wont start. the thign is getting really stubborn i think we loosened the little valve on the fuel filter to much and now its flooding the engine.

oh well,

my evo body kit is almost done and i will put up a pic soon, i finished making a little cardboard front mount intercooler and its all painted up and mocked up inside of the bumper and soon we will get the engine degreesed and painted silver and the reast of the kart painted. its coming by slow cus my friend is in the process of trading his 1g dsm for a 2nd gen and my brakes are worn down to the calliper and i need ic pipes soon. i will get some more pics soon i promise

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
You can rebuild a Briggs and Stratton really cheaply. I had a go-cart when I was younger. I souped it up quite a bit, rebuilt it all, port/polish/milled head.

You can also buy electronic ignition modules for about $10 at walmart. Takes the place of the points and you get a brighter, stronger, more reliable spark.

I'd do a quickie compression test on er and maybe take a look at the PCV system. It's not very complicated on those of course but it can suck oil into the carb if it's going bad.