DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
69 in a 35...photo radar...2006 GTO
59 in a 40 in a rented Camaro SS Convertible
Criminal Reckless driving (burnouts in a parking lot)...That one was expensive
2 red light tickets...one in GTO, one in 82 MK2
Noise violation...82 MK2

pulled over 5 others times but talked my way out of it...

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
worst I've gotten was 64 in a 45. was actually doing 85. I have, however blown past cops in a minivan :biglaugh: @ 3am doing 110 in a 35 IIRC, they didn't even bother giving chase. Another night I blew past a state trooper WOT w/ atmospheric dump doing 120 in a 60. not sure if he clocked me... was the middle of nowhere, so I slowed to the speed limit so he could catch me, he just drove on by. :dunno: my favorite was doing the same but 60 in a 35 w/ a cop right beside my car, on foot. I didn't notice till I was right beside him, he looked furious, shaking his fist in the air, yelling something ??

young, crazy, too much anger/rage... what can I say? I'm 10 yrs older now, don't really drive fast anymore

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
supranewbie;1990282 said:
Do you drive? :)

Haha, yes I do. I just keep it within 5 mph or so. It also helps that I know most of the areas that the cops like to sit here. We also have an insane amount of cops for the size of our city and a large number of them are unmarked. About two years ago the local PD bought a new Silver Camaro SS and they have it undercover. That Camaro has to have paid for itself many times over, it's always got someone pulled over for something. They also have an unmarked Malibu, Charger, the Camaro, and a mid 90's Jeep Cherokee. They also have a C6 Z06 that someone donated a few years back. They recently bought several new Chargers also to replace the Crown Vics and about half of them have the V8. For a city of about 40,000 we have A LOT of cops. I saw three on my way to Lowes earlier today which is maybe 6 miles round trip.

Needless to say they get bored pretty easy around here. I've only had one encounter with them and it was actually pretty funny. I had a friend whose mom had just opened a fudge shop down the road so we went down there one day and bought some fudge and root beer, which was the good stuff in the brown bottles. We went out to the parking lot right out front and were standing by our cars just hanging out drinking our root beer when this really strange looking lady pulls up and tells us we shouldn't be doing this. None of us knew what she was talking about so we just agreed and politely said "Yes ma'am"

About three minutes later we had 4 police cars, and the Canine unit come flying in and park our cars in and block the street. The one officer got out and looked at us and said "You boys old enough to drink?" None of us were and we told him so. Then we showed him that they were root beer bottles, apparently that lady had called the cops on us for underage drinking. The cop was nice about it and said he has never seen that before. My friends grandmother was in the fudge shop looking out the window and the look on her face was just priceless as all the cop cars pull up to her grandson. I jokingly said something like "Why did you send out so many units for this?" The cops response was "We get bored." One of them even showed up a couple minutes later and got on his PA and said "I'm here for backup." Then animal patrol showed up. Once again, the police get bored in this city because there are so many of them. I know people who have been pulled over for going 38 in a 35 here...

This ended up being a lot longer than I thought, oh well.