Largest Speeding Tickets?

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Hi everyone, I was wondering what is the largest speeding ticket you've ever received and in what car you were caught in.

My first speeding ticket ever was a week after buying my Supra for a small ticket of 103 mph in a 55 zone.

Last edited:

moejoe2008

Aug 21, 2012
Missouri
How about the largest speeding ticket I've ever given someone? 95 in a 35. He ended up trying to run, pursuit lasted about twenty minutes and got up to 120mph (which was every bit of what his cavalier could do). He crashed out and tried to run on foot. He got a bit more than a fine for that one.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Ouch. I don't understand why people try to run... I mean no matter what you think you aren't going to out run the radio or anything... Plus I mean in all honesty its better to come clean with it. Was he racing or just randomly running 60 over in a 35?

moejoe2008

Aug 21, 2012
Missouri
He had stuff in the car he didn't want to get caught with. He ran a stop sign and when I got behind him he took off before I even hit my lights.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
101 in a 55 in a dodge spirit. $600 dollars later and 6 months probation I don't speed anymore. Was 16 and beyond stupid.
Luckily I had some respect for the police, soon as I passed the cop off the side of the road I immediately came to a stop and waited for him to catch up and ticketed me, I believe officially I was written up for going faster than 85 on the highway.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
That's my story too. I took it to court though as (legitimately) my speedometer was broken ( I know not an excuse but I was going off the tach) I knew I was speeding I just didn't know by how much. But I took it to court and they just ruled 83 in a 55 with a 75 day suspension. So I get to start that soon which was my inspiration for starting this actually haha.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
176km/h in a 100km/h zone...

one of those 4am abandoned highway runs, officer was not impressed, probably due to travelling around 220+ to catch up

before the days of "stunt/racing" laws that see instant 7 day impound for 50 over

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Sometimes I think that the government actually wants you to speed. They allow you have a bike/car that can do triple the speed limit (of which they get a larger commission on [tax]), then they continue to tax/fine you when you actually use it.

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
73 in a 45 construction zone. I deserved that one. 250 others got busted and we all got court on the same day so they let everyone plead it out with probation for 6 months and no points. Fine was $628. I got lucky. That was my biggest.

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
$864 for 160mph in a 70mph zone. (Empty road mind you. I don't agree with reckless driving. But if it's just you you're endangering, more power to you. Too many people in this world anyway).
Cop was driving a Camaro and riding my ass. No idea he was a cop. I was doing 80 and he came down an on-ramp and got way too close. Thought he wanted to race so... Half hour later at a service station 2 officers in a black and white told me to sit tight. 10 minutes or so and the Camaro pulls in with cute little blinkys in his grill. Little guy was unhappy, to say the least. But he could have jailed me and didn't.

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
atmperformance;1990252 said:
this is like a bragging contest of who pissed on themselves more while drunk, even if you win you still lost.

Haha! Hey, I've resisted every time it's been there in "what's new?" til now! I finally gave in.

atmperformance;1990252 said:
this is like a bragging contest of who pissed on themselves more while drunk, even if you win you still lost.

But so is almost everything anyone posts, right?

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I think it's more impressive to be written up for 80+ when going well over 100 due to failure to admit speed and blowing by the cops too fast for them to pace you. Did this once on my motorcycle, never got pulled over.... er a ticket for speeding in my supra.

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
I said 160 in an 80. That's what I was doing. The cop who ticketed me asked how fast I was going. I, of course, didn't tell him. He said he was going 120 and I left him behind. I told him maybe he needed a faster car. He explained to me how badly he could make things go if he wasn't such a swell guy. He let me off easy by ticketing me for 100+ but recommended the judge give me the max fine. I didn't fight it.
Oh and it was in the Jag, not the Supra. There. The rest of the story.
You don't have to be impressed. But I'd be soo happy if you were!

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
supranewbie;1990281 said:
He said he was going 120 and I left him behind. I told him maybe he needed a faster car.
I've always had this in the back of my head to say if I ever get in a situation like that and always hope better reasoning prevails haha. How did he take it?

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
maxburn;1990289 said:
I've always had this in the back of my head to say if I ever get in a situation like that and always hope better reasoning prevails haha. How did he take it?

I normally wouldn't push my luck but I was pretty sure I was screwed anyway. And I was a bit pissed because I was only doing ten over til he challenged me.
He didn't take it real well but the other two loved it. They laughed and asked me to pop the hood.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Lol they were the like "What you runnin' under there man?" :p On a side note would have been funny if you said jeeze guys this isn't even my FAST car haha.