Largest injectors for piggy back.

SuperRunner

Jun 14, 2007
utah
What is the largest injector anybody had run with the MAP-ECU. I think my 780cc injectors might be a little too big.

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
SuperRunner, you can run them. The 2JZ guys are running them along with 268 cams, larger T series turbo, and all on the MAP-ECUII. For your injectors, you can just transfer the fuel map onto the MAPECU. But it will require some fine tuning to run your 780cc injectors...slap it on a dyno! :)

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
sure, you CAN run them. people do stupid things all the time....of course it can be done. is it the best solution? no.

comparing what has/can be done on a MKIV to the MKIII is fairly inane. the MKIV has 550s stock (therefore the % change is smaller...) and has a MUCH more advanced ECU. apples to peanuts.

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
The Doc do have a point... 7m-gte are running stock 440cc injectors and the MAPECU will be compensating the fuel map too much to where it might be too rich at idle and/or under load.

But, I guess you can try it and tell us how it works. See how much you can adjust the AFR closest to 14.7:1 during idle. Dataloggit if you can when and if you're on road test.

If it fails, I guess you can sell me your injectors. :)