LAcking POwer

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
i dunno if this problem has be solved but mines hasn't yet.. hopefully tyou guys can piont me in the right direction.... 88 T Supra

PRoblem: whenever i adjust the eletronic chair the lights or use my high beams or even if i turn my regular lights on the Idle Goes DOWn and all the lights get Dimmer ... it's like the struggleing for power or something i dont see how this effects my IDLe

I have a GOOD BAttery And A Good Alternator the terminals on the battery are new and grounded properly

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
noel;1285398 said:
i dunno if this problem has be solved but mines hasn't yet.. hopefully tyou guys can piont me in the right direction.... 88 T Supra

PRoblem: whenever i adjust the eletronic chair the lights or use my high beams or even if i turn my regular lights on the Idle Goes DOWn and all the lights get Dimmer ... it's like the struggleing for power or something i dont see how this effects my IDLe

I have a GOOD BAttery And A Good Alternator the terminals on the battery are new and grounded properly

check all your grounds again. how does it crank over? is it hesitant or does it have plenty of power when cranking?

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Well a few things are missing my [Cool Plate] all EGR is BLocked The spark plugs have some oil on them! I havent gotten around to changeing them
Other then that it takes like 3 seconds to start.....it doesn't start right away! hard to explain ....umm...i turn the key the RPM jumps for 3 seconds it will idle up/down at 400-500 like it wants to turn off.
then it will shot right up to 1,500rpm 20 seconds of warming up and its fine

NO i haven't checked at idle how much voltage i have i will do so tomorrow.
I know my alternator light has never come on. The battery was checked 2 days ago its fine [800 cca] more then enough power also both Terminals are good/tight

Wouldn't a GROUND kit fix this problem???
Maybe the AFM is Dirty

Problem: Now if i hold the electic chair button the idle goes down..or if i flick my high beams off and on you can see a difference cuz all the lights get dimmer and brighter
ill be sitting at a red light without the lights on or radio the idle would be at 1,000rpm and it will just slow start going under and stops around 700rpm then the next red light it would return to 1,000rpm it nevers stays in one place

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
MAF Sensor = Mass Air Flow Sensor consisting of a HOT WIRE. How much the air cools the wire is used to determin the amount of air flowing.

AFM = Air Flow Meter. In our case it's a Karmen Vortex that uses optical sensors with mirrors to read the vortex caused by the air over a pillar (think the distortion in the water behind a rock, ect)

Hot wires are semi self cleaning...

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Oil on your wires will do do this. Right now I just pulled my motor out I have oil filled to the top of each galley. I just bought this car about 5 days ago and took out the wires, and the car ran fine.

Check all of your grounds.

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
im on the same page i never will spray anything for that sensor! The Rubber and Air filter are brand new
how about a Qtip to clean the outside of the sensor??? :sarcasm:

Battery Ground =Good:biglaugh:
Alternator ground=Good:icon_bigg
Coil Pack ground=Good:icon_razz
what Else...can someone show me a diagram of the grounds

PRoblem #1 it so weird that i can alter the idle with just by flicking my lights on and off or moveing my eletronic chair:cry:

Problem #2 my idle never stays in one stop when i come to a complete stop sometimes 1,000rpm or 900rpm or 600rpm:3d_frown:

IMa go get some pictures... im sure that would help lol DUH!!!

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
noel;1285680 said:
im on the same page i never will spray anything for that sensor! The Rubber and Air filter are brand new
how about a Qtip to clean the outside of the sensor??? :sarcasm:

Battery Ground =Good:biglaugh:
Alternator ground=Good:icon_bigg
Coil Pack ground=Good:icon_razz
what Else...can someone show me a diagram of the grounds

PRoblem #1 it so weird that i can alter the idle with just by flicking my lights on and off or moveing my eletronic chair:cry:

Problem #2 my idle never stays in one stop when i come to a complete stop sometimes 1,000rpm or 900rpm or 600rpm:3d_frown:

IMa go get some pictures... im sure that would help lol DUH!!!

I would like to point out when we say " grounds " that means more than one.
There are grounds you can't see. A few examples, there is one on the intake manifold, one from the coil packs to the head. One of the transmission to the body, one in the rear of the car near the tail lights, battery.

Those are a few examples, you may want to start checking everything. You checked the alternator correct I mean not by your eye, you did a real test on it?

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
what you mean check the alternator? visual yes, i haven't done the actual electronic test yet i will do so tomorrow if my alternator was bad my battery would be dead by now
....so what ur telliing me is that even if one ground is bad it can change everything?... i was just saying that i checked the usual grounds

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
92TealSupra;1285674 said:
Oil on your wires will do do this. Right now I just pulled my motor out I have oil filled to the top of each galley. I just bought this car about 5 days ago and took out the wires, and the car ran fine.

oil on what wires? for the spark plugs??

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
92TealSupra;1285674 said:

OIL on WHAT WIRES???

SupraCorwin

Shadow
Oct 14, 2008
Washington
I also have the exact same idling problem, also my volt meter stays at 14 all the time unless i use my blinker and then it hits 12 every blink. I can hear the alternator grinding a little so I'm going to have it tested, its free at most lube shops.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
to the OP.... you are talking about more than one problem here. your starting issues and oil on the plugs are unrelated at this point.
take everyones advice and check all engine and harness grounds. our cars are old and the wires can get damaged over the years.
check the following grounds:
battery cable (behind the fuse box)
engine harness (attached to the block under the intake manifold)
firewall to block (passenger side above exhaust manifold)
coilpack to head (attached to coilpack plate)

start with these and work from there