Koni Yellow + Eibach = HOw to adjust to not get bouncy ride?

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
HI, i have a new set of Koni yellow and Eibach. I first adjusted them to the softest setting. It bounce like hell. Now, since its a pita to adjust the shock, i would like to know how i should adjust them before disassembling. I was thinking of going in the middle range of adjustment, but i hope it will not bounce again after. IF so, koni + eibach is shit...
thanks to let me know.
OH and i search all over the forum and no one talk about Koni and eibach adjustment.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
You should have started them in the middle setting. I ran mine on full stiff all the way around, but I was using spring rubbers. It shouldn't be "bouncing like hell" even on the softest setting. Are all of your bushings ok?

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
OK, maybe bouncing like hell was too much, but it was bouncing. Now, i put them on 2/3 stiff( 2/3 of the complete adjustment) on front and 1/2 on rear. That's way better, maybe 50% better. Will it be better if i put them a little more hard something like 3/4 front and 2/3 rear.
It look like there is a big difference between full stiff and 9/10 stiff. If you put it at full, the perch will re-up very very slowly and if you just turn it a little, the perch re-up almost like at the softest setting (maybe a little bit more slowly). Oh i and i need to say : i hate Koni strut for the way they adjust. That's shit when you don't really know how hard to adjust them. There is almost no thread here about it.

So the question is : If i put them harder, how better it will be? I repeat that i have almost new eibach spring, not the hardest spring on earth. But i dont want something hard, i want something not boucy, like my original 4x4 setup, was looking ugly but ride was not bad.

Sorry for my bad english, i try to do my best

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
When I raced my car on the eibachs I put the shock on its fastest (highest) setting all the way around. Sorry about there not being a thread on how to adjust the Koni shocks. They are not very common on our cars since the bilsteins offer some different height settings. If they are on the middle setting I think the "bouncy" feeling you have is just due to the nature of a progressive spring.