knocking sound at 3000 RPMS help me

ska_ponch

Feb 23, 2009
Mo Val
just a few days ago i started getting some kind of knocking sound when reaching 3000 rpms i dont know what the &*#@ this is

o its for a 7m-ge sorry

PLZ :1zhelp:

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I moved your thread to General, as it's general engine talk.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Not to say your wrong or anything IJ but getting to the GE injector clips with the stock intake is gonna be pretty hard to do without taking the intake apart......

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Been a long time since I did mine but it could be done and hurt a damn sight less than pulling the plug leads ;)

It's just a prelim test and if there's no change we can look at other areas but this is where I usually start off.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
i just go at it bare hands.... a little jolt keeps me on my toes

to the OP, you could send a sample of you oil to get analyzed. they could detect foreign metals such as bearing shavings. could give you an idea of whats going on in there without opening up the motor

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
IJ.;1339591 said:
Been a long time since I did mine but it could be done and hurt a damn sight less than pulling the plug leads ;)

It's just a prelim test and if there's no change we can look at other areas but this is where I usually start off.

Ive been shocked before by my GE it hurts pretty damn good but i cant see even trying to pull the injector clips, not to mention half of them will prolly break from old brittle plastic.

ska_ponch

Feb 23, 2009
Mo Val
to sneakypete where can i take it to do that and do they charge

another question :
Would it be bad if I kept on running my car like this or should i fix it right away