Knock sensors

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
ok i rewired my knock sensors. for 1 week the code didnt show up, yet i still had hesitation when boosting, so I thought it must be a leak in my ic hoses witch is very common. But this week my engine light came on ...and stayed on for a long time, usually just appeared for 1 or 2 minutes and went away. Now im wondering...maybe something came loose...maybe I have a bad kocksensor (but wouldnt the code always have been there if it were bad)...or could a boost leak cause a code 52 cause of a bad mix..causing knock ?? dunno :S

Thanks guys

L

lanky189

boost leak will cause you to run rich, which is the opposite of what you'd hafta run to get knock.

Also, check the code, don't just assume it's a 52.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
what do you mean check code 52 ?? if you mean get the code out with the diag box lol thats what i did..other wise i wouldnt know what code it was ;)

L

lanky189

did you ground the sheilding on the rewire? are your clips broken? do they stay on the sensors, before you go out and by 2 ks's..get one you know is working and switch em out..see if the problem is solved, double check your wiring, the Code 52 will show when there is a lack of voltage on from the sensors (in the KS sensor circuit) not when there is knock, there is knock near constantly that's why your timing gets pulled under boost, if CODE 52 is still around after the rewire there are three options
1. You're rewire failed
2. A KS failed
3. Your ECU is fubar,

that's more or less it so far as i can recollect.