Kiraush's Dream Car

ca91mkIII

May 23, 2012
Franklin
MightyAl;1982448 said:
Sad to see another hard top bite the dust. Glad to see it didnt deter you from being a mk3 owner. It isn't a car for the faint of heart.

Just a heads up and as you are slowly learning I'm sure, these cars have a mind of their own. They work great one day and act like it hates life the next.

Kiraush

Jun 1, 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
Faye;1982525 said:
If you can understand what on Earth I am saying, it worked pretty good.

I do, I'm sure I can secure it somehow. I'm pretty crafty :p
First Blown Headgasket on 1/1/14
Great way to start off the year, going to try to sell a few things I have lying around if I can find anything worth money and get an ARP kit

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Kiraush;1982800 said:
I do, I'm sure I can secure it somehow. I'm pretty crafty :p
First Blown Headgasket on 1/1/14
Great way to start off the year, going to try to sell a few things I have lying around if I can find anything worth money and get an ARP kit

oh thats no good:/

Kiraush

Jun 1, 2013
Oh, I got a lot more replies than I had thought.

supraguy@aol;1982526 said:
Well, if that acceleration video was made after your first start, then you're bangin on all cylinders.
:)
Yupyup! Messed with the timing a little bit, that was a few days after my first start.
Hoping my gasket going out didn't cause a rod knock, I've never heard one in person so I don't know what they sound like but my engine certainly sounded a lot different with the headgasket going out (Which is expected, so I'm trying to think positive. Oil levels were fine, and to my knowledge that's what would cause a rod knock, my engine did get hot when my headgasket went out, didn't notice my heat spike)

ca91mkIII;1982754 said:
Just a heads up and as you are slowly learning I'm sure, these cars have a mind of their own. They work great one day and act like it hates life the next.

I have noticed that, but I'm still standing firm behind my decision to give up formal relationships and drop all my money into this car, even with it's bitchy moody attitude it's better than both of my serious two year relationships

jdmfreak;1982801 said:
oh thats no good:/

Yea, terrible timing too because I just got fired on Christmas Eve and gave all my money to my mom to save the storage shed that had my dads ashes in it.
Lady Luck is certainly busy with someone else lately

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
You can also get rod knock from coolant getting in your oil.... And you would know if you had it because usually around 2500rpm it sounds like there is a wrench banging around in your oil pan

Kiraush

Jun 1, 2013
jdmfreak;1982811 said:
You can also get rod knock from coolant getting in your oil.... And you would know if you had it because usually around 2500rpm it sounds like there is a wrench banging around in your oil pan

I'll take your word for it and cross my fingers, I don't believe it sounded like that but I'm not driving until it's fixed, so I can't go test drive it to check the sound. :p
Love her too much, and love having a 7M too much to abuse either of them.

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Kiraush;1982809 said:
I have noticed that, but I'm still standing firm behind my decision to give up formal relationships and drop all my money into this car, even with it's bitchy moody attitude it's better than both of my serious two year relationships

Ha! That sounds like my life :)

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
i know with all the stuff ive had to do with my car, ive spent FAR more time with my car then i have with my last ex.. lol.. shes my one and only girl in my life right now.. (eventhough she has a temper right now)

Kiraush

Jun 1, 2013
After owning my first silver one I honestly can't go through my day to day life without owning one and be happy enough to be functional.

The story behind why I own one, plus how much I love the feel of driving one, I literally need to have my Supra.

The three months between the silver one and my current white one was absolute hell.

mustangmatt98

Nov 11, 2013
georgia
I just recently blew a head gasket on my Supra that I had just purchased for 800 bucks a few weeks prior, the p.o. didn't have any form of filtration on the intake and there was no radiator fan to speak of. I was only going to pull the head and put a composite gasket on it and call it a day but, the members here highly recommended that I pull the motor and give some attention to the bottom end. I'm sure glad I listened because there is at least 3-4 large metal flakes on my oil pick up, no telling how much in the oil I drained and, sludge just caked in the bottom of the pan. I didn’t have any contamination in the oil either but it was filled with water and it probably evaporated without me ever knowing it was there.

I'm taking my time with the rebuild; with 2 Mustangs and an F-250 on top of the Supra I have my hands full. Luckily my girlfriend also likes cars so she understands when I have no money. The trick is to take her out on Saturday nights.

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Kiraush;1982443 said:
I do have a curiousity though, walked out of Fred Meyer (Grocery store) to some kids standing around my car, seemingly checking it out, and when they noticed I was walking more-or-less straight towards them they all walked away.
Checked out my car and it was fine, but when I popped my hatch, then shut it, I noticed my wing was loose on the left side (as though someone yanked up on it)

The little (fiberglass?) brackets inside the hatch are broken, is there a good way to fix this? or should I just figure a good DIY way to secure it?

I'm sure that this isn't at the top of your priority list anymore, but those little clips are for sale by another member here: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...out-everything-must-go.&p=1967399#post1967399