Killed by a Civic?

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Ok, so last night I was out testing my car. I'm getting ready for a 300mi drive and everytime I've tried to make the drive my car has died on me. So I wanted to put like 500 test miles on it before I tried again. Well last night I was down to the last 30...finished those 30 plus another like 20 and was on my way home. Got up to a stop light and this red EK civic hatch pulls up to me revving like a mad man. I just ignored him cause gas is by no means cheap and I didn't want to screw anything up on my car right before I have to leave.

Anyway, the light turns green and this kid LAUNCHES his car...I however take off at a sane person's speed, just driving like you would regularly be driving. We get to the next light and I happen to be lined up with him again and he just jumps straight into shit talking mode..."Supra's F*CKING SUCK!!!" ..."YOU CALL THAT FAST!? I RAPED YOU!!"...It was sooooooo freaking annoying and I don't even think he heard me or WANTEdD to hear me when I told him I wasn't racing him, trying to race him...or even into street racing. BAH!! Stupid ricer...:3d_frown:

-Derek

N

NDBoost

whats hilarious is when your in your 87 toyota pickup blasting music doing 45mph and a ricer tries to race you.. and they lose.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
that sucks man. nothing worse than minding your own business and then someone starts beaking cause they just raced you and won. idiots

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Yeah I just don't understand the mentality. If he would have lost control he could've killed himself, his passengers if anyone was there, innocent people just driving...me! Not to mention I can't imagine the kind of stress you put on the engine and chassis trying to race everyone and their mom all the freaking time.

-Derek

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Civic owners must be DESTROYED I say we hire das ahhhhnold to erase them. Seriously I am sick of these small dicked fast and furious jerkin too ricer fags in thier 240's, civics, integras, crx's, and na eclipses trying to be all bad and then they see an older supra and wanna prove something, BAH screw them.

mtoxracerfss

Boost Addict
Oct 8, 2005
Toledo
Just for everyones information....the EX's do 17 seconds in the quarter mile at my drag strip conistantly. You should see the priceless look on their face when they realize their car is slow as hell. They always expect an intake and exhaust to add a ridiculous amount of horsepower. I LOVE seeing them at the track.

FYI : Max Power the magazine did a test on an exhaust for a civic EX and the dyno results were :

Gained : 3hp at high RPM's
Lost : 7lbs of torque overall

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
mtoxracerfss said:
FYI : Max Power the magazine did a test on an exhaust for a civic EX and the dyno results were :

Gained : 3hp at high RPM's
Lost : 7lbs of torque overall

lol, that means the car actually lost in acceleration:icon_razz

mtoxracerfss

Boost Addict
Oct 8, 2005
Toledo
Yeah because losing too much backpressure in an N/A car....especially a car with a tiny engine means less torque. So you are correct, and you can tell every ricer you know this.....EXHAUSTS MAKE CIVICS SLOWER!!!!! they only sound louder.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
And the sound makes them feel the good.... lol, i'm sorry for them.
Here we usually have BMW that don't move, but have fart cans.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Yes, I especialy hate the loudness, i just can't stand when they drive by, but what am I talking about, I have a hole in my muffler, so I am loud also :icon_bigg

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Civic's already barely make ANY torque...unless you're talking about the K20, then it's a respectable amount. But I just hate the mentality most civic ricers have..."I have V-T-E-C DIS-AWG! That stands fo' fasta-than-yo-ass!"...and then you have to correct them and let them know they have a crap ass DX with 9,000 lbs of vinyl and stickers...

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Lol All this talk about civics, and I got a story...

One long dark night, me and some friends were hangin out doin' stupid shit and what not. We were gettin bored so around 2am I say "hey justin, you wanna race?"
A little background:
Justin has a 93 Civic EX coupe. Mods: custom exhaust aka fartcan, with cat, ram air intake, modded ecu, strut tower bar, various other parts + enough fiberglass and bondo to make up for the weight reduction. Esencially a show car that he built himself for his senior project.
I was driving my dad's 2000 Corolla 4spd auto. Definately heavier then the civic.

I've been wanting to surprise him for a while now. So we find a good place, clear, open, and no harm done. We line up, each with someone in eachothers car. So, we launch, and he got the jump cause he's more willing to tear up his tranny then me.
With maybe just a 1/4 car lead through first, i jumped back even in second. I didnt notice how fast we were going when we cut off but it was dead even. lol

As we rolled into the Waffle House parking lot near-by, he just sat in his car and stared at me. lol
I said "Nice car you got there but... my weedwaker sounds better." and stuff like that. lol One the way home he got beat down by a 2000 ex 5spd with similar mods. Plus there were 4 people in te '00 civic.

Needless to say, he went home shitless.

Civic owners... mahh..
:biglaugh:

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Drift my supra

Jun 22, 2006
Fort Worth TX
I hate the sound of exhaust on those damn civics and NA eclipses/talons. It sounds like a can of angery bees. If someone wants there car to be loud, atleast make sure that it sounds good. There was one civic that tried to race my truck because he saw that i have a sticker on the back that says RICEKILLER.COM. i guess he took offense to that or something but my dakota beat him off the line, 20 punch, 40 punch, 60 punch, and even an 80 punch. He was pissed, but he cant handle a 5.2L. my supra will be up and running to stomp ricers left and right. Join Ricekiller.com today, and get those pieces of crap off the street. l8r

fstsupra

Jan 12, 2006
IDAHO
This is one thing that has always bugged me about this forum. Yes thier are ricey acura hondas out there but there are also a shit load of riced out supras sad as it is. i love supras more then my integra but i know for a fact there are some clean as fuck civic integras out there making alot of power. for instance at the track i go to in spokane there are about 3-4 civics into the 12s and 2 into the 11s there is a integra running 10.7 and has 558fwhp. granted for these cars there are quite a few ricers but dont hate on the make. honda acuras are a good platform for somone that dosnt have alot of money. I mean you can take a da ls integra get it for around 2k swap on a b16 head and make around 200 hp with bolt ons and a little milling on the head that equals a low 14 second car for around 3k. All im saying is i have seen more riced out chevy trucks with 10 inch lift altezas and some chrome tips with stock exhaust trying to race me at every light. Hate dumb people not the cars. oh and btw na supras run what a 16.5? sadly a 4th gen vtec prelude is just as fast as our all powerfull turbo supras stock making almost as much hp out of a 2.2liter 4 cylnder. Before all the flaming begins I am a supra lover i just hate ignorance of singling out a single make for being responsible for all rice its not the cars its the people :p just like its not the gun its the murder:) dont blame the weapon of choice blame the cause 2f2f

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
meh, not too many riced supras out there. most supras that would be considered "rice" by the normal population have a reason for the 3" pipes. that's the only real thing in my book that makes a car rice, because the rims are personal preference. the other thing is stickers on the car, but not too many supras have 'em.

personal preference/opinion.

a modded car doesn't make it rice, its the selection of upgrades and the installation. a car can be considered rice, but not if its a clean job on all the work.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
I'm not hating on Honda's and I'm sure the people in this thread weren't either...but be honest. What do you see riced out more often, Honda's, Acura's, J-Bodies and Neons...or Supras?

My very first car was a 90 Intgera LS so I'm definitely not hating on those, but 200hp? I don't know about that. The 92-93 Integras were the first to run VTEC on the engines and even then they made 160hp and the non-VtEC ones were like 140hp. That's a lot of horse power to gain from just simple bolt-ons...

And for the record, the make was never brought up...we were talking about a model though :naughty: