Killed an SVT Cobra last night!

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
So friday night i was just crusing around with Jeff (boostlee) in Indy. We were just minding our own business and i was just crusing to beak in my new motor some more, Trying to get more miles on it.

Mean while an SVT Cobra comes up out of no where and starts messing with me. He would get beside me, get nasty and take off. Then slow down and get beside me agian and do the same. It was a very nice looking Cobra, full exhaust, sounded like cams, really wide back tires, full gauge pillar, Supercharged... Not sure if the supercharger had any mods to it or not. We never talked to the guy, so I dont know what all he had done to it..

But anyway.. I smiled and looked over at Jeff, and Jeff said, "Meh I think your motor is broken in enough." So then i waited, and agian the Cobra got next to me and tried to act like a bad ass and show off.. Agian he punched it to go flying ahead.. But to his suprise I got on it to.. This time I pulled way ahead of him :evil2: After that he stayed behind me for a very long time and never tried anything agian..lol.. it was epic :biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I haven't got to run a real cobra yet, just a few wannabees. The real cobras that are in Birmingham make about 500rwhp. I've met three guys that each have one while at the track but they would be in there drag cars. Hopefully when I get my chance, I have the same result as you. Good job.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
I love being able to put a cocky muscle car guy in his place. Even better when their muscle car is actualy a pretty fast car :D my car is finaly stepping up into different levels.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Lipp BOSS Turbo from HPfreaks.com
Fully Built 7M
Bored out .020
Oversized Ross .020 Forged Pistons
Rebuilt head
Shot-peened Rods
ARP studs 85ft. lbs.
Cometic MHG
Greddy timing belt
Toga Oil Pump
3in turbo elbow
Full 3in exhaust
Aeromotive Fuel pressure Regulator
South bend 6 puck clutch
turbonetics manual Boost controller
UEGO Wideband
SAFC II
Autometer Boost gauge
255 walbro fuel pump
550cc injectors RC
Lex AFM
NGK plug wires
2.5in. coolez IC piping
Spearco replica IC
K&N intake
17in Sport Rims

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
nice kill... I think i have the crown for stunning someone in a mustang ;) hhaha

I was in my aristo and I chased a bunch of guys down... I get beside the cobra and start talking to him (i'm RHD) he said he'd just been to the track and was doing low 13's and bad launches which is truely believeable. ;) Anyways, I say get on it as if I want to see his car go... but I get on it as well and he was stunned as I took off by him ;)

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
hahaha, love it. Dont mean to thread jack, just had a similiar experience. I was cruising 60mph(five under) on the hwy at about midnight in my old 5.0 Mustang convertible, some punk in a 240sx kept jacking with me, kept revving up and surging at me, after 2 minutes of this going on, I dropped it in third and waxed him. The idiot came back and started to do it again... I turned off at the next exit, I wont play someone younger than me anymore.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Were you using the launch control we installed or something?

Also, do you have a set of Craftsman 1/4" drive sockets in your passenger floorboard? Dad is PISSED... lulz

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
I would like to know what that Cobra had done to it. What year was it? If it was SC like you said then 03/04...produces 390 from the showroom. He must have been pretty much stock except for the exhaust.

Good kill...still waiting on a race Jay!!