Killed a bird this morning

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
americanjebus said:
THEY CAN FLY BUT INSTEAD THEY JUST RUN.

so far i'm pretty sure my car has killed: quails , the easter bunny, and tons of squirells. (sp??)

its like toyota's rendition of cristine.

:yelrotflm Just like freaking opossums! My friend and I were driving down the street one night and we roll up on this opossum. I swear to god when we were about five feet away from him he stopped whatever he was doing, looked up at us like we were stupid and took off running down the middle of the street!!!! I was like wtf is he doing!?!?!?!

This stuff was insanely funny! Watching this fat-assed, brown hairy creature waddleing top speed down the road - I lost it. My friend even slowed down to just watch this thing. The killer was that not once did this mammal decide to run off the road. It even looked back at us and kept running!!!!!! Omg, I couldn't contain myself!

Furball: Yeah, really. :)

Ckanderson: Ah man. That's disgusting! You enjoyed ripping bloody skin from your bumper?!

drunk_medic: :rofl: Sad, but true. I'am definately and animal lover :) It's just that sometimes they need to be taught lessons when messing with teh humans, lol.

L

lanky189

you guys are sick.

i lock up my brakes for chipmunks
maybe im just an animal lover.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
I used to lock up my brakes as well. Untill I realized that me locking up the brakes or swerving to miss an animal might do more damage than wanted. I'am not going to lock-up my brakes so some ass can rear-end me, and I'am not going to swerve so I can convene into a telephone pole, hit another car or kill a side-walk pedestrian. I'm goin straight through----------->

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
CtSupra said:
I used to lock up my brakes as well. Untill I realized that me locking up the brakes or swerving to miss an animal might do more damage than wanted. I'am not going to lock-up my brakes so some ass can rear-end me, and I'am not going to swerve so I can convene into a telephone pole, hit another car or kill a side-walk pedestrian. I'm goin straight through----------->

True, and good idea...unless you are bearing down on a five point buck, or a moose, or if you are in Africa a rhino or an elephant, all very BAD things to hit. In that situation I say it is best to avoid contact.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
lanky189 said:
you guys are sick.
:werd:

I usually try not to harm animals running in front of me.... that doesn't mean that I'm swerving across 3 lanes of traffic, but I at least try to give them some time to escape by letting off the gas or braking. and I try to manage that the animal (if it's small enough to fit under my car) doesn't get hit by one of the wheels if it's too late to do anything else.

but hunting birds with a car.... :wtf:

I think I once harmed a mouse, that was pretty weird..... the day after I came home late at night/early in the morning once, I went for a ride in the afternoon. after about 2 minutes, when the engine was starting to warm up, I saw a mouse coming out under the hood next to the passenger side wiper. it sat there and stared at me (I think) with blowing fur for a couple of seconds, then it made the the fatal mistake to come out further trying to climb on the windshield wiper, thus it got caught by the airstream at 45mph and was thrown over the roof and into the bushes next to the road.
it probably found my still warm engine bay to be a quite comfortable place in the night before, lol.

L

lanky189

encomiast said:
:werd:

I usually try not to harm animals running in front of me.... that doesn't mean that I'm swerving across 3 lanes of traffic, but I at least try to give them some time to escape by letting off the gas or braking. and I try to manage that the animal (if it's small enough to fit under my car) doesn't get hit by one of the wheels if it's too late to do anything else.

That's what I mean folks, Not that I'm gonna start a 54 car pileup, but that I will do what I can WHEN i can to avoid harming an animal

kulangflow

Celica All-trac Turbo
Mar 30, 2005
UT
I was heading home late one night from a gfriend's house in the middle of freakin' nowhere .... when I looked down and noticed an owl standing in the middle of the little one-lane road on which I was cruising at about 80mph.

There was a ditch to the left and a ditch to the right and nowhere near enough time to stop.

result ---> one less owl in the world

I wasn't about to wreck my car in the middle of nowhere for an owl.

whaddayado?

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
lanky189 said:
you guys are sick.

i lock up my brakes for chipmunks
maybe im just an animal lover.

me too. toads, birds. but squerrls are anoying when they run to the middle of the road, stop and then got back, then try to make it accrose right infront of you. that makes me want put darwin into action and hit them untill the squirrls run to one side of the road and stay there. but with that said i did think this story was funny as hell.
me and a friend once heard that you can shoot squirrls with a bb gun and it will just bounce off. so we decide to try it. only thing is we have no bb's, just steel pointed pellets. so we go into the back yard and find a squirrel and shoot it. it does a backflip on the branch and then while me and my friend are laughing our asses off it falls outta the tree. oops, not a good sign when an animal who spent it's whole life in trees falls outta one. the pellet went straight through the neck.

P

Pokey

me and my friends were heading back from missouri one night singin to this song "kill the wabbit" by metallica, and then a rabbit ran across the road when i was driving, i almost hit it though, it was one of the funniest times :yelrotflm