Kill and killed at the same time!?

jazz

Apr 6, 2005
Sydney, Australia
www.funkynerd.com
I hope you Yanks know what a WRX is. (no idea if u guys got them over there :eek: ) Well, over here in oz there are literally millions of them, cause they're cheap and quick, and those that own them think they are king shit because of this. It's not that hard to get a WRX to go faster either.

Anywayz, pulled up at some lights a while back, next to a Nissan Silvia (200sx), and next to him was a MY99 Subaru WRX, on it's ass and totally blinged out. So I look at the Silvia and the guy gives a nod. Totally respectable racer he was. So we both glance over at the WRX to see if the other guy is up for it. He looks at us like we were on push bikes. :rolleyes:.

Next, lights are green and we're off. Obviously the WRX (being AWD) get's a better jump off the line, but that sure as hell didn't last long. The silvia and I, still head to head, chirped into second gear leaving the WRX in a cloud of unspent fuel vapour and wondering what the fuck just happened. Chirping again, we blasted through 3rd gear at which point my Silvia friend pulled away ever so slightly. At the end of it i looked down to see the speedo approaching 180km/h at which point it occurred to me, maybe i should slow down, with the silvia now a car length in front.

So victory goes to one hell of a Silvia as well as my respectahh.. The WRX can go to hell and die with the rest of them. :D

The End.

J

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Nice, too bad you couldn't see the look on the WRX drivers face. Bet it looked somthing like this :aigo: Yea we have the WRX in the states. Even getting the STi now. What mods do you have on the Turbo A & do you know what the Sylvia had done mod wise?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
WRXs are nice cars, but not for racing only for Rally yea rally yea o yea im gonna rally a wrx or a "no fear caviler" rally o' yea.
nice kill and be killed.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
You are right about the WRX owners thinking they are King Shit. To get the magazine claimed stock speed [some of the best you are gonna see] from the WRX, you need to rev the car to 6k and beat the hell out of the clutch during launch. This isn't something you want to do with a new, warranteed WRX.
We have a guy here with a VW GTi that runs a 14.0 1/4 mile confirmed [I've seen the slip and driven in his car], and there is another guy who thinks that his stock WRX can beat it. Then again, before he had the WRX, he had a Ford Focus SVT with altezza lights and flames on the side, so this car must feel like a rocket to him. Still, it won't beat that GTi.

It was funny to watch them talk about it. I just watched and smirked.. then told the new WRXer that he would be raped EVEN IF he knew how to launch and shift the car properly.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i see wrx's arround allot and like them for their all arround goodness, but not greatness in everycategory. drag racing is not their strong point but they are pretty quick when all you have is intake and d/p

jazz

Apr 6, 2005
Sydney, Australia
www.funkynerd.com
Steve_N said:
Nice, too bad you couldn't see the look on the WRX drivers face. Bet it looked somthing like this :aigo: Yea we have the WRX in the states. Even getting the STi now. What mods do you have on the Turbo A & do you know what the Sylvia had done mod wise?

Yeah. wish I could have seen his face. Pitty he was so far behind. :)

Mods so far aren't much. Just full rebuild with oversized forgies, highflow injectors, fuel reg, safc-2, AVC-r and running 11.5psi. Few other things not worth mentioning tho. I will mention the TEIN flex's tho cause they seem to help with launch traction. She's putting out about 300hp too. Want to get an AEM-EMS in there and boost her up. Should be plenty of fun had after that. ;)

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
thats rigth wrx sti n evos think they own the streets but when they get smoked by a 5000dollar supra on tha (highway) they get that sad face!!!!!!!!lol