Keyring Light Replacement.

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I myself have read through The stickied: "Replacing Lock Door Locks" thread fairly closely And I'm Still puzzled on how to Replace the Bulbs and How to check the switch that the bulbs and Dome light Run on. I've also Read the "Comprehensive lighting Upgrade" thread and again am quizzical on the bulb size. I don't mean to ::dead horse:: But I need some tips on troubleshooting. If I get enough help I will do a write up but Currently I am Fail. :1zhelp:

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
hvyman;1480216 said:
its a reg bulb with a green jacket over it.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76463&highlight=cluster+leds

should come on every time the door is opened.

Wrong.

It's an LED

from thread you reference

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1089289&p1089289

Gargoyle;1089289 said:
I know the shot looks dim, but it was taken during the day, at night it really stands out with the blue. This is the key hole, drivers side on one of my cars. The number for the blue I can't find, but for amber through DIGI-Key it is P619-ND. I do believe CRE is correct on them being 12v LEDS as there is no resistor in the circuit.

Other information, if it hasn't been added yet is the part numbers for the readout on your CC.
These are all from Kingbright.
DA04-11EWA: .4" Dual Red LED Display
DA04-11PBWA/A: .4" Dual Blue LED display
DA04-11YWR: .4" Dual Yellow Display

Brian

Even check the schematic in the TEWD...
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=68

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
o shit my bad i thought he was talking about the key ring inside. ive been wondering about that my self. thank you.

do you know what size it is?

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
1st Im checking the switch to make sure That the Ring will light up

2nd If The Ring does not light I will change out the bulb But I was reading there and the Bulb is a #74? That seems a bit large for the keyring considering the Footwell, ignition, and Glove box are 74's, I know because I converted those to LED already... I don't want to go and remove my door panels and the lock cylinder and Take everything apart to learn that my newly purchased LED bulbs aren't the correct sizes. :aigo:

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
It comes apart from the inside. Remove the door panel and then remove the handle assembly.

You may be able to just remove the key cylinder, but it's been to long I can't remember for sure.

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
The removal of the Cylinder is Stickied Under rebuilding Door locks, Or you can search under the tech articles. I just am Having trouble imagining how to change the bulb and working with Its comparitively small size.