Kentucky supra meet?

Sideways_bob

Banned
Jul 8, 2009
KY
Fuzz420;1368109 said:
We usually hold ours in the fall to avoid conficts with other meets. I guess its never too early to kicking around the idea

Yup :biglaugh:

Now its roll call time. where do you all usually have em?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Hello Bob. :)

Fuzz hit it on the head.
In the midwest, the Annual meets generally go as follows:

Indianapolis(Indiana) Supra Meets - May/June

Dayton (Ohio) Supra Meets - (Tend to have more "mini" meets now than anything) July-ish

Chicago (Illinois) Supra Nationals - August

Kyana (KY+Southern IN) Supra Meets - October/November

There's certainly nothing wrong with getting a head start on the meet planning, though. :) I just don't want to see a loss of interest from the get-go.

In the past, we've traditionally had a dyno shop cater to us, and BBQ then, or go out to a nice restaurant as a group, which usually involves some kind of mini cruise.
If you have other ideas, I encourage you to toss them on the table! :)

Jeff

nick rossow

Mar 23, 2008
florence, ky
there is a new shop right off the highway right here in northern ky that might be able to cater to us this year. Its called Modular Depot and its right next to the florence mall. pretty nice facility and good people that work there.

kysupra

I'm Single
Apr 25, 2005
Lexington, KY
Modular Depots new location is great, plenty of places to eat, drag strip (1/4 mile) is about 25-30 mins away, and belive that you may even be abel to get on to the new road course at the speedway (45 mins at most)

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
kysupra;1377385 said:
Modular Depots new location is great, plenty of places to eat, drag strip (1/4 mile) is about 25-30 mins away, and belive that you may even be abel to get on to the new road course at the speedway (45 mins at most)

It seems that Modular Depots sounds pretty promising.
The location sounds great as well...
But I've discovered in the past, it's really difficult to gather up enough interest worthy of setting up a drags/racing portion of the mini-meet.
However, glad to know they're within range if something like that would work out. :)

Jeff

kysupra

I'm Single
Apr 25, 2005
Lexington, KY
Boost Lee;1377469 said:
It seems that Modular Depots sounds pretty promising.
The location sounds great as well...
But I've discovered in the past, it's really difficult to gather up enough interest worthy of setting up a drags/racing portion of the mini-meet.
However, glad to know they're within range if something like that would work out. :)

Jeff

Understand.... I'll keep an eye on this, the Supra is still in KY at the parents house, and after driving my Scion this weekend in an Autocross full of WRXs, Evos and even a skyline Im jonesing to get the Supra out here in CO :1zhelp: might have to get back to ol' Ky just to drive it there....

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Well, If you aren't here for a meet,
Then I expect to receive a phone call from your parents as they're driving in your Supra to attend the meet. :biglaugh:

Yeah, nothing against Scions...but I don't think a Scion will pull off what a built Supra is capable of doing on a track. ;)

Jeff

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Chris already has been planning one See http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87382 not sure where he is with it tho. As Fuzz & Boost Lee stated I usualy coordinated Kyana Supra meets to happen in Oct or early Nov. Been doing that with dbSupra for the past 10yrs are so. Always seemed to have a good turn out, Free stuff from Jay Marks, SupraSport (When Jeff M. owned it) ,Champian toyota etc. As Jeff stated its real heard to get enough intrest to make dragracing part o the event. Anyway if you guys throw one together in the Greater Cinci area I'll try to make it up.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
While I'm speaking on behalf of the neighborhoods of Kentucky...

It's a damn shame we have nobody (other than Steve) coming up for the Chicago meet this weekend. It's a tribute payout to the late Nelson Matias...as well as the biggest Supra gathering in the Midwest.

We're leaving Friday morning in Indianapolis at 6AM if anyone wants to tag along...
(317) 395-8362 if you have questions...:icon_conf

Jeff

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
Sideways_bob;1379350 said:
I'm game anytime anyday. I want it to happen.

haha pow he said it .... now meet us in indy at 6 and go to chi with us ... lol

chi isnt that far guys... im comming in from lima ohio (thats 3hrs away from indy) tomorrow then driving up to chi.... so come on... u know you want to lol

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Sideways Bob, You understand you're pretty much walked yourself into a corner here....

"Anytime, anywhere".

Meet us tomorrow morning at 6:00AM on the southside of Indy and parade up to Chicago with 4-5 Supra's. ;).....

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Anyone from Louisville or Indy leaving later today? I fly into L'ville about 2, and if I can find/fix a boost leak and pack another bag I should be heading out around 4 or 5

Sideways_bob

Banned
Jul 8, 2009
KY
Good news everyone who wanted to attend. Between Versailles and Lexington is a beautiful landscape that has a parking lot on the inside, a CASTE on the outside, and a dinner/breakfast in the inside. I talked to the man who owned it (Known him for years, parents were founders of "Post" cereal) and he had WELCOMED ALL SURPA OWNERS TO GATHER AT THE CASTLE!

Here are some pictures of the landscape. It's remarkable.

http://www.thecastlepost.com/photogallery.asp