Kentucky meet-Drag strip and Dyno numbers

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
Just got back from a meet in Kentucky this weekend. Met a bunch of cool Supra owners.

We did the drag strip on Friday evening.

I finally broke into the 13’s with a 13.96@101mph(hey it’s a 13 in my book) and had a bunch of 14.0 runs.

I will practice my launch next weekend at the local strip and hope to get my 60 times down (best was a 2.2).

We dynoed on Sat. and I had 293rwhp and 322 rwtq. I was very happy with those numbers, as they were right about what I expected. I am sure I could have made over 300 by adjusting the SAFC a bit more.

It was great to talk to people about Supras that actually care about Supras.

I can’t wait to go to more meets this year as I really enjoyed it.

Here are my performance mods that got me to about 300 at the wheels.

Lex AFM
550 injectors
K&N FIPK
Aeromotive FPR with FPD removal and J-Tube removal
Walbro GSS-341 fuel pump
Cartech IC
Cooleeze IC Hard Pipes
Defcon DP with McCord Power Plate
SAFC 2
Zeitronix Wide Band 02
Stock CT-26@12psi
Dr. Jonez MBC
Borbet wheels 17X8F, 17X9.5R
Kumho Ecsta Supra 712’s 245/40F, 275/40R

Side note for those getting wheels that size.

I should have gotten 245/45 for the fronts, as the slightly lower profile fronts made my 4x4 look in the front even worse.

I will order the ST springs shortly to help fix that issue.

Overall, I put 1000 miles on the Supra this weekend. I beat the shit out of it at a track 400 miles from home and wasn’t really worried about it breaking.

It performed flawlessly in everyway and is truly an exceptional GT car. I honestly can’t think of another vehicle that I would rather be driving right now.

I would also like to thank Adam (Dr. Jonez) who performed most of the above mods to my car as I am not mechanically inclined and am old enough to know my limitations. When he does stuff it is done right the first time and it works.

Thanks to Dave and Steve for organizing the meet and events.

Once again it was great meeting all you guys and look forward to more meets in the future.

Dan

Note-Also posted on SF since I don’t know if all the guys that were there are on SM

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
Those are good numbers man. I would suggest maybe 235/40s in front. I wouldn't go as wide as 245s they are heavier and if your ever in the rain you'll be hydro plaining all over the place. I have 18x8fr and 18x9 in rear running 225/45/18 and 245/45/18 but am soon going to change to 235/40 and 265or275/35 in rear. 225 are a little too narrow for my wheel(afraid of curbing them) I got the first set of tires cheap though. 45 series is way too tall for me. I have Tein coils cracked down pretty low and have some rubbing issues when I hit bumps. Also for the rear I have a 4" lip(rim) so my offset is near 40mm so I might not be able to fit the 275s but I'll go as wide as I can. 245s bake off too easy. I'm also running the Dunlop SP9000s. Hope this helps. Later-T

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
Thanks Ian, I will run 12's before the season is out (12.9 is a 12 to me) and will get close to 400rwhp.

Then my performance goals will be complete.

I did do a few Z-28's and a few Mustang 5.0's in straight up races at the strip and won.

They would have a better 60, but I always caught and passed them by the end of the 1/4.

Dan

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Nice Dan! I am too am planning on getting to the track this season(never been before) and to a dyno to see what she can lay down. Should be fun glad to hear your trip was eventful while still un-eventful(nothing bad happend) :lol:

PS with your mods why didnt you turn the boost up to 15psi?

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
The track is great fun. I am going to the local one this Sat. for bracket racing.

I could turn up the boost a bit but the car and the CT26 both seem happy at 12psi.

I plan on running max of 16PSI with my new turbo (SP61GT or one like it using the same bolt on hot side).

Dan

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
Good #'s for a stock CT at that boost man!!!! Kumhos suck IMO. i cut a 1.9 60' on sumotumos last year.
The SP61 gt comes with a 1 bar spring in the wastegate (at least mine did) I ran it at stock boost and it was nice.... but then I turned it up and pow!!! blew a ring land in #3, so just be careful!!! Enjoy the car before you go blowing it up. I didnt see a MHG on that list...

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
dan was cleaning house!! he sent all those domestic guys running home and hiding under their mommas' skirts. they had to send out a full built drag car with a chute to finally take down the mighty supra.
was a pleasure having you here, hopefully you can set more records at the next ky supra meet :)

dave

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Blue87T(Dan) said:
Thanks Ian, I will run 12's before the season is out (12.9 is a 12 to me) and will get close to 400rwhp.

Then my performance goals will be complete.

I did do a few Z-28's and a few Mustang 5.0's in straight up races at the strip and won.

They would have a better 60, but I always caught and passed them by the end of the 1/4.

Dan
Don't ya just love doing that with 2 litres less capacity ;)!