Keeping A/C in my Aristo swap - need wiring help

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
So,
I have it all hooked up mechanically. I have new o-rings on everything, new dryer assembly, lines retrofit, everything.

As far as the wiring.. what needs to be done? I've searched and searched and it seems everyone has a difference of opinion. I thought I had bookmarked a page but I can't find it. Something about a single pin blue wire plug near the fuse box.. I can't remember though and I can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Yeap, single pin to the clutch wire on the compressor. It is the original 7M clutch wire.

The A/C goes through the chassis harness on the MKIII.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I used someone's write-up for using the Aristo ECU's ACMG signal... Ended up jacking the ECU up and reconnected the wires going to the A/C amplifier. Same thing tho... wire/signal stays the same at the compressor. I'll take a look in a bit and see if I can get a pic and/or tell you which wire to connect at the compressor.

I'll try to find my notes/write-up, if you're interested in the ECU controlling the signal.

ifyouaint1sturlast

Jun 14, 2011
Satan;1815515 said:
I used someone's write-up for using the Aristo ECU's ACMG signal... Ended up jacking the ECU up and reconnected the wires going to the A/C amplifier. Same thing tho... wire/signal stays the same at the compressor. I'll take a look in a bit and see if I can get a pic and/or tell you which wire to connect at the compressor.

I'll try to find my notes/write-up, if you're interested in the ECU controlling the signal.

Very interested, thank you!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The wire that goes to the A/C compressor wire of the Aristo is the OLD 7M wire. Nothing else. You can wire in idle up by using the A/C amplifier since it puts out the voltage to the ECU.

ifyouaint1sturlast

Jun 14, 2011
This is what I have in my notes..

"4.) If you want to retain A/C you will need to connect the B-W wire coming from connector 'C' pin 5 to the single wire that originally went to the 7M A/C clutch (L), located on the driver side fender. It's a single pin female connector with two blue wires going in and one wire going out."

AND

"From A/C amplifier - "Idle Up" Blue/Red Connect to: A-34"