Kaminari 3 piece wing-let's bring it back!!!

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
So as you guys know, this wing is highly desirable and super rare. I didn't realize how rare they were until I attempted to find one. I have been in touch with Kaminari to see if they can reproduce this piece as there is a big market for it and they still sell most of the other a70 parts per their website. They are willing to make this wing again, but need an original to pull a mold. Unfortunately all the molds and drawings for this wing were lost in a fire in 2000. I have been in touch with Pete at Kaminari who states that if they can get an original to work with, that person will receive a free production piece as well as their original back. Calling all the rare part hoarders who may have one stashed somewhere :). If you can assist please email pete@kaminari.com who is aware of the situation. Keep in mind this will be reproduced by Kaminari themselves-so proven quality and company rep is there.

Here is a link to the wing on Rodels car:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rod...st2011-16thAnnual-Rodel-photobyRay10.jpg.html

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
I would love to buy one for one or even both of my cars, but if I got one, I wouldn't want a ton of other people to have it and make the value of one you would already own plummet.

just keep your eye out for one, and when you get it, send it kaminari yourself and get repro's made for all of us to enjoy. Or realize that after you pay $1500 for the spoiler, send it out to get replicas made, and they start selling them for $500 and you are stuck with $500 spoiler you paid $1500 for that you made a big mistake.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Yup, that's the issue. Everyone that has one payed to play so they don't want to have a whole bunch of replicas out there running around when they payed $1k+ for theirs. It's a good thought, and if they reproduced them I might buy one just to have in-case I would ever put a wing on mine because I think they look great, but I don't see it happening.

I would think Kaminari would have the ability to recreate this wing themselves using photos and a MK3 to get measurements and that sort of thing off of. Now-adays they might even be able to scan the car to get a mold of it kinda like how WeatherTech makes their floor liners. Maybe you could try bringing that up with Pete instead, since they're most likely not going to get one to make a mold off of.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I must be alone in this, but the rarity doesn't appeal to me at all. The mk3 by itself is quite rare judging by my random travels and the amount of compliments I get with just a plain factory NA chassis.

Of course, this is easy for me say because I don't have the spoiler.

I just want one because they look excellent. Even with them going into reproduction they'd still be exceedingly rare because they wouldn't be cheap. MK3 owners don't exactly drop $1k on body modifications every day...

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
suprarx7nut;2051249 said:
I just want one because they look excellent. Even with them going into reproduction they'd still be exceedingly rare because they wouldn't be cheap. MK3 owners don't exactly drop $1k on body modifications every day...

Very well said. The day they (if they ever) come back to production is the day I spend over $1k on a wing.
& Atleast they don't call it a 240 or a probe...

A Midnight 3 supras cruise results with someone saying "Nice probes!!, what are you guys doing out this late though?"
Us: "just probing"

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Yep, probably the only wing id consider putting on my Supra besides the 89+ 3 Piece. Would love if it got reproduced and would probably drop a good chunk of money on it but, I have a feeling it would've happened already if it was ever going to. If only the current owners/holders weren't so worried about retaining the "rarity" of their current wings original wings, or whatever else reason they may have for not wanting a free reproduction that they could sell for profit instantly when theres clearly been interest for this in the past. Anyways, hopefully someone eventually decides to help out the rest of us who would love this wing on their car.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
It took me years to obtain the Kaminari wing. Having something rare and sought after part is a joy for many of us. For some, getting something for free and making profit arent good enough reasons to give up that joy.

Last edited: