jzz30 sump with jza70 x-member

92gtapex

Aug 10, 2006
Northland, New Zealand
Sweet as, I htought they were but just wanted confirmation before I jumped into the swap, and while i had access to a jza70 sump.
Did you use the soarer loom as well? or retrofit a jza70 one?

Logan

92gtapex

Aug 10, 2006
Northland, New Zealand
Yeah no harness extending for me, but the engine bay loom in the shell im putting the 1jz into was cut by the previous owner/butcher. So im not sure what wiring problems im going to have there, or if I should try replace that loom completely to make sure

Logan

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
yikes. if you're familiar with the 1JZ harness it shouldn't be too bad. Otherwise just get another JZZ30 harness or a JZA70 harness + ECU.

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
The supra is mid sump. what is this rear sump that I often hear people talk about? Did the JZ engines come with 3 different sump configurations??

The only ones I have seen is front and mid (rear?). And I personally yanked my 1JZ from a Soarer clip and dropped it in my Supra. The pans are the same between the two.

Hopefully someone can clear this up because I have never seen a JZ oil pan with the sump located all the way in the back.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
itr.00-1282 said:
The supra is mid sump. what is this rear sump that I often hear people talk about? Did the JZ engines come with 3 different sump configurations??

The only ones I have seen is front and mid (rear?). And I personally yanked my 1JZ from a Soarer clip and dropped it in my Supra. The pans are the same between the two.

Hopefully someone can clear this up because I have never seen a JZ oil pan with the sump located all the way in the back.

I wasn't certain one way or the other, so thanks for clearing it up for me.

92gtapex

Aug 10, 2006
Northland, New Zealand
The jzz30 sump clears the crossmember fine.
I sat the engine in the bay on hte weekend and am now looking at what else I need to do, and am starting to look at the wiring.
Does anyone have jzz30 wiring diagrams? im looking in particular at the dash/body plugs, and then what needs to be done with the fuse box.

Logan