jza70 R edition

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
**UPDATED** - had to remove outdated images

I found what I wanted; an authentic '91 twin turbo recaro edition! It was imported to Canadian soils the year prior, I became the second-owner.

This was the car as of 2010:
The hood fell victim to to sun fade, VIS Racing replaced it with a carbon fiber oem style hood.

Around 2013 I had saved up some money and finally recieved the start to my parts:
Also scored some used carbon fiber headlight covers and an East Bear replica lip and to hold me over until I can do the bodywork.

So far I've basically been replacing wearing parts & going BPU:
2JZ JDM 440cc injectors, map sensor & water pump
Mishimoto electric fans & Aluminum rad.
Walbro 255 fuel pump
AEM cam gears
Aeromotive AFPR
Albert's steel c12a upgrades (gt2860rs comp. wheels)
Apexi air-intake
Full 3" x-pipe back SS exhaust
DM 3" intercooler kit with aluminum piping & pulley kit
Blitz Access ECU
Turbosmart e-boost controller

Tein Super Street Coilovers
ST Swaybars w/ A1 endlinks
Battle traction bars (mine were worn with a lot of play)

Beech short throw shifter
DM "stage 2" clutch
DM full tranny rebuild kit

2015 Rebuilt the Transmission while the Head was built with a BC valvetrain:

It's getting shinier ;) Almost ready for bigger turbo!

August 2015 finally recieved it back from the paint shop after adding the aero beginning of summer:

Page 2: Bodywork progress & proof of headwork
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?129295-jza70-R-edition/page2&highlight=albert

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
SupraRon;1614452 said:
Very nice. Love the tt-r's. They are very well appointed from the factory.

For sure, my interior needs a re-do though, but having momo and recaro in your car from factory is pretty sweet. That's why I want to keep the car with twins when I upgrade my turbo's edventually.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Finally some updates! Hiro body kit arrived and installed (other then the tail mask but it has to be painted so it's going on last) Also got my ST swaybars on. Apparently didn't tighten one bushing down enough it's slipped over & torn albeit.

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

will post more updates after it comes back from paint next week, also changing out exhaust, debating if I should cut it more but the new tip isn't 5" so it should clear my rear difuser lol

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
the only thing not hiro on my car haha, I'm trying to source the spoiler right now from an importer locally but it doesn't sound like I'll get it until 3-6 months after it's painted

should mention my plans for the summer include a head rebuild as during hot summer days I burn oil from a valve seal issue I found.

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
a little sneak preview update

I have deleted the rear wiper, installed smoked blinkers and am currently in search of aero mirrors and a ultra-rare Trust Gracer spoiler.. Might also invest in a sunshade when I find one with hardware that's not cracked or used.

As of now I'm waiting for the head back from the machine shop. R154 received DM's full rebuild kit, sadly the "lightweight flywheel" i bought used wasn't an 8 bolt for a 1jz like advertised.

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada

Got some pictures of my head back from the machine shop! Mild port & polish, Brian Crower 1.6mm over sized valves, BC springs & retainers. Ready for a new 2JZ head gasket of course. A little over kill to fix some burning oil but I figure I better do it right the first time if I'm going to tear into the head.

Also heres a shot of Albert's rebuilt ct12a's on my new X-pipe, going to heat wrap it since I'm deleting factory heatshield.

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
sheedy126;2061715 said:
Looks good but your crooked intercooler really bugs me

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

to make matters worse, the body shop got overspray all over my intercooler. Just glad it's a driftmotion special or I would be choked. I do plan to level it I just ran out of patience at the time and wanted my car back together. I think I'm going to flip it and stencil it and square it up all I need to do is re-tap a new hole on my home-made bracket lol

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
Nice car! Those twins are pretty fun at stock boost IMO. Ever get the chance to look inside that chinaman Y pipe while it was out? The tubing tends to be positioned to overhang inside, creating a lot of drag against the velocity of the hot gasses inside. I wish I had time to just use a air demal with a cylinder abrasive to grind those overhangs smooth just for a piece of mind, sort of like porting.

I really like the the side skirts and lip you have. Car looks very clean! All of your pictures of page 1 are gone though.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
87supramario;2062250 said:
Nice car! Those twins are pretty fun at stock boost IMO. Ever get the chance to look inside that chinaman Y pipe while it was out? The tubing tends to be positioned to overhang inside, creating a lot of drag against the velocity of the hot gasses inside. I wish I had time to just use a air demal with a cylinder abrasive to grind those overhangs smooth just for a piece of mind, sort of like porting.

I really like the the side skirts and lip you have. Car looks very clean! All of your pictures of page 1 are gone though.

yeah imageshack must of finally expired them when they started getting more hits. Also the 1jz x-pipe was super clean, I was thinking I might of got lucky and recieved an older raptor racing version bc all the welds were perfect or someone took the time to go over before selling it to me (came from U.S.)

another shot, almost all back together I'm stoked.

things I need to do over winter:
1jz pigtails/shrink wrap for the coils
Engine dress up (trd oil cap, shiny new bolts, brake cleaner the shit out of everything now that oil leaks are fixed)
install all my gauges (Innovate wideband, HKS boost, oil pressure & water temp)
300 km/hr cluster swap
check for ignition break-up at high rpms (happened before rebuild on only 9lbs of boost!) fix with HKS DLI twin power or open to suggestions?