Jza70 into 86.5 mk3 supra wiring help?

Cp2295

Aug 8, 2016
Camas wa
image.jpgimage.jpg

So above are two pics, first is near the firewall seal, and it looks like it plugs into the heater core vsv, just want to be sure. The second is near the ea2 connector the 2 prong one, wondering where it's suppose to go.

I've searched and have quite a bit of good info but some of the links are dead now unfortunately... Just curious too on the body plugs, my car has no tems, pps, abs, or a/c. So do I only have to worry about the m1/b1 connectors?

As far as reverse lights go haven't found much, the motor I got came with an auto tranny, so which wires on the tranny harness do I need to splice into my w58 reverse lights.

Another thing, I'm taking the approach of cutting a hole In the firewall instead of extending the main harness, can't seem to find a straight answer, some say enlarge the speedo cable hole, others say to cut a hole below it, I wanna make sure I do it right the first time and that my harness will reach. So what's the verdict on that? And how far will I need to extend the body plugs going this route, 10 or so inches?

Also I've got the ea2 connector all figured out, and I'm just going to splice that into my 7m fuse box, as far as the alternator power wire I just run it straight to the battery right?

As far as o2 sensors go I have just the one at the manifold that came with the engine, it's hooked up and everything, is there any others I need to worry about and run the wires to them or should I be fine with just one o2? I'm not going to run any cats...

Thanks for the help everyone!

Getsideways86.5

supra chris
Mar 1, 2007
Fort Wayne Indiana
the 1jz i have in my 86.5 and running only has one o2. as far as extending the main harness, i wouldnt. the ecu plug ins will reach. the m1 and b1 pluge are the only ones i had to splice. i took the original 7m harness and cut the connectors off with about 12 inches of harness on them. spliced into the engine harness "body plug" then simply pluged them into the car chassis harness. when it comes to the starter and fuel pump. fuel pump is 12 switched key, and the starter find the correct wire coming from the chassis and run the appropriate sized wire to the solenoid. make sure you have the igniter and map sensor. the swap is pretty simple.. i kept the automatic. reverse lights i dont currently care about. but im sure it cant be that hard.

Cp2295

Aug 8, 2016
Camas wa
Getsideways86.5;2079857 said:
the 1jz i have in my 86.5 and running only has one o2. as far as extending the main harness, i wouldnt. the ecu plug ins will reach. the m1 and b1 pluge are the only ones i had to splice. i took the original 7m harness and cut the connectors off with about 12 inches of harness on them. spliced into the engine harness "body plug" then simply pluged them into the car chassis harness. when it comes to the starter and fuel pump. fuel pump is 12 switched key, and the starter find the correct wire coming from the chassis and run the appropriate sized wire to the solenoid. make sure you have the igniter and map sensor. the swap is pretty simple.. i kept the automatic. reverse lights i dont currently care about. but im sure it cant be that hard.

Yeah I'm not cutting the main harness just curious about length needed on the body plugs.. Good to know about the m1 and b1 connectors, where did u cut your hole to run the harness thru (or did you...?) I know this much is necessary to avoid extending the main harness, just need to know if the correct way is enlarging the speedo cable hole or cutting a new just below it. I thought the fuel pump power ran thru one of the two body plugs (can't remember if it's b1 or m1) am I wrong about this? In any event if I can't get it to kick on I'll just hook it to a switch... Race car style lol. I do have the igniter and got a map sensor off eBay, does anyone know which colors go where for the map sensor? Mine got ripped out of the car it looks like since the wires are broken, not cut. Got a new plug but it's pigtail has all the same colors haha.