@jz into a sc300?

jhoff

Jun 28, 2008
The Dirty
I just got a 1993 sc300 5 speed. I want to do a 2jz swap. Not looking to turbo the N/A motor. It has high miles. I am thinking about getting the usdm 2jz but I don't know what I have to do to swap the motor in this chassis. Anyone know a good write up?:icon_surp

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Miles Shmiles........ Just NA-T it and if it blows change the block and be done. Seriously I'd do a compresion test and see how it looks. If it looks good go for the NA-T.

jhoff

Jun 28, 2008
The Dirty
Where would I get an exhasut manifold for this n/a-t? and how much boost will it tke. Im not looking to build a monster just something fun.

jhoff

Jun 28, 2008
The Dirty
I have done several Nissan swaps including 2 sr20dets anda rb25det. I was asking where woudl you reccomend I get one. I know you can go buy one of ebay .i don't want to run into problems down the road.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
I got my manifold from ebay and alot of the other parts from Driftmotion (a supramania vendor). Go to clubna-t.com and look at the kits for sale there, and you can find a bunch of info on how much boost you can run on stock compression and all that good stuff.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I have to agree with jesse, NA-T setup is a lot less expensive, nets similar if not better results for the money and if the engine takes a dump get a GTE block or another GE block and beef it up or whatever you feel the need to do.

Jesse is doing a 2JZ NA-T swap in his MK3, and it's looking awesome so far, not quite finished but I'm looking forward to riding in it when its done, maybe driving it :)

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Club NA-T is definitely the best place to start looking for information. I have a 95 SC300 5 speed that I will be doing the NA-T route with in the future, but I could probably answer any questions you might have about the process.

-Drake

lpolo69

Apr 30, 2005
plainfield, IL
Just remember if you want to run high boost on an NA-t you want to get a thicker head gasket and arp studs to lower the compression. :naughty:

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
I agree with these guys. id go with clubna-t. the kit is damn nice, thats all i hear about it. I was gonna go this route but I went 1j instead. for me it was cheaper and got rid of the gay intake over the motor and no more dizzy.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
jhoff;1064984 said:
I just got a 1993 sc300 5 speed. I want to do a 2jz swap. Not looking to turbo the N/A motor. It has high miles. I am thinking about getting the usdm 2jz but I don't know what I have to do to swap the motor in this chassis. Anyone know a good write up?:icon_surp

Is this thread for real?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Nick M;1117242 said:
Is this thread for real?

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: you'd be surprised!

its actually really easy to install a 2jzgte. first you take out the old one put the new one in wire it up and you have a 2jzgte sc300!

SC300fivespd

Soarer Guy
Nick M;1149238 said:
The thread is titled 2JZ into an SC300. That is what it came with... A GTE shouldn't be a difficult task.
LOL
yes dude be more specific. 2jz. GTE, you need to do alot of research.. and NA-t is your best bet.. NAt full kit XS-power 1700 do it an be happy.. unless u find gte for sheap or get a deal or something:sarcasm: