Just wondering if anyone has any experience/feedback with this setup.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
i don't trust some ebay parts, they look good in the pics but may not be the real thing in person. they could just send you some knock off part even though they say its something else

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Yeah, that is a screaming price!!

Usually, especially with ebay, if something seems too good to be true...it is. Like we haven't ALL heard that one before. :biglaugh:

I'll see if anyone posts anything and also research elsewhere.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Repeat after me....DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!

Read this and you'll understand why. F1 and XTD are virtually the same exact clutch.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43713

I have the "Stage 3" XTD clutch in mine and it sucks ass. Chatters like a sumbitch and barely holds any power. Unfortunately, I bought it before Aaron made the thread on the scam.

Trust me from experiance, don't go cheap on the clutch and flywheel. Fortunately, I have the 935motorsports lightened flywheel.

supratoyota18;905189 said:
my friend has that same brand clutch in his civic and after beating on its for a year or 2 now it still is working great.
Because he has a car with very little torque compared to the supra. I have a BPU 1jz and the clutch just isn't having it. I'll be upgrading when I do my single swap.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Figures. I have one, still in the box. I figured that if it was at least as good as stock, it'd be worth the trouble to try it out. It appears to be a stock Toyota pressure plate that's been painted. The throw-out bearing and pilot bearing are in Toyota boxes, so they're probably stock as well.

The clutch disc seems to be a pretty generic 6 puck disk, which at least SHOULD hold a bit more torque than stock.

Well, I may install it when my current unit dies, and use it to last until I can get a good clutch to replace it with. If it's at least a stock pressure plate, it shouldn't kill my flywheel/transmission while I get a better one in...

Edit: uploaded pics of my "F1" clutch kit as it sits to that XTD scam thread.

Last edited:

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
For the trouble that it is to remove and replace the clutch, I would just wait and get a good one and change it then.

I'm going to get the Driftmotion upgraded PP with a stock disk. Suppose to hold over 400whp/torque.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
AF1JZ;905248 said:
For the trouble that it is to remove and replace the clutch, I would just wait and get a good one and change it then.

I'm going to get the Driftmotion upgraded PP with a stock disk. Suppose to hold over 400whp/torque.

that would probably be a better idea for you so you don't waste your money or time

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I had the XTD in my old grey car at basically BPU (intake/exhaust), and I loved it. I did post that in the scam thread as well. Many people have reported problems with it upwards of 350HP though. So, if you are going basically stock, why don't you just buy a stock clutch. No need to spend the extra money for the benefit of the community. All the info you'd ever need is in that thread. I still have that XTD with only about 2000 miles on it as a back up for my (hopefully) 400+/- HP car. I would sell it for about $150 if anybody wanted it.