Just wanted to say hi and thank you SM

Fergie76

May 12, 2009
Hendersonville NC
My friends call me Fergie or Russell and I just wanted to say hi to all the members of of supra mania, and thank you to all the people who spend your time to make supra mania great. And to those of you who have done such a wonderful job of breaking down the MKIII and sharing your knowledge and experience so those of us willing to look for it can learn from you.

That being said on to the story
Here is my supra. BHG and all. I had a hard time finding one that had all the stuff that I wanted but I found it in Ohio. Drove up there to get it and brought it home to NC. I have a lot to do to get this car right.

Upgrades to come:

Overhaul engine, nothing fancy just a good clean stock bottom end and some mild head work, intake and exhaust

Re-work Suspension all new bushings, shocks and springs. daily driver that still can have fun on the weekends.
(thank you Doward for your work with energy suspension)

Fix up interior and stereo

Minor paint and body work touch ups and moldings

Oh, and the saw blades have got to go

Wish me luck with my first supra build. Input and advice always welcome.

Attachments

• supra front.JPG
    supra front.JPG
    290.3 KB · Views: 17
  • supra side.JPG
    supra side.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
From the looks of it, the drive to Ohio appeared to have been worth while.

Nice looking Supra. :) And welcome to the boards.
There's something about that Supra that screams original & unmolested. ;)

Advice & Tips? I don't think you'd want an earful from me...
So feel free to surf around the site as I'm sure you'll find an answer for
most any question you could probably ever have about these cars.

Jeff

Fergie76

May 12, 2009
Hendersonville NC
Thanks a lot guys
The paint is not original but i did buy it from the original owner and before I bought it I spent 3 hours looking the car over for one cut wire, blocked off hose or anything that was not factory. the car needs some tlc but it is an unmolested original turbo, 5 speed, targa, tems every factory option except leather. And you would not believe the records this guy kept 3 full file folders of every receipt for the car the original invoice, window sticker, and sales contract almost 30k in 1990 I don't know how muck that means in Toyota land but I would kill to find the factory build ticket and window sticker for my 71 GTX

oh by the way + one for the red team