DSC_8394.jpg

DSC_8412.jpg

DSC_8432.jpg

DSC_8454.jpg

DSC_8496.jpg

Plans:
*Leave exterior as-is but keep looking for a good oem paint fender
*Full spec roll cage, no interior, sparcos
*1jz- mild headwork, custom manifolds, single big turbo, custom charge pipes, fmic, standalone ems, super clean - painted and polished. Want reliable ~400-500bhp with the ability/option to turn it up
*Suspension- custom crap everywhere, mostly all adjustable - control arms, wishbones, trailing arms, big sway bars with adjustable end links, etc,, probably better coilovers.

Thanks guys
-Ben

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've had three parts cars in my yard over the last year and every one of them had the front left fender dented up. I now have a dent in my front left fender.............wtf?

I like the stance of your car, but I would definately have to repaint it.

MA71

Nov 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
Thanks. I do not plan on painting. I kind of like the look.. its not for everyone, but I figure that it took mother nature a loong time to do all that! anybody can have shiny paint, but terribly oxidized paint takes work! lol

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
love it, minus the front bumper, should have stayed 89+ in my eyes..

the rest of the exterior is nearly identical to what I wanna do with my 86.5 (including keeping the pre 89 front)...

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I like the front rake look. I never did like the pre89 bumper until now. I don't recall seeing it with that lip. I kinda like it now. And the stance is really helping the look of it. I like.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
MA71;1558814 said:
Thanks. I do not plan on painting. I kind of like the look.. its not for everyone, but I figure that it took mother nature a loong time to do all that! anybody can have shiny paint, but terribly oxidized paint takes work! lol

When I see a car with terrible paint I always know that most everything else on the car reflects the amount of care and expenditure that was given to the exterior.

I totally understand leaving a car stock body.

I totally understand waiting to paint a car until the mechanicals are done.

I do not, however, believe that anyone with the means to correct bad paint willingly leaves it alone. (with the exception of a barn-find Bugatti or two)

You're correct that it's not for everybody. The people who tell you they like it only think they like it because it somehow justifies the crappy paint on their S13.

Congrats on getting the car this far, just treat it to some paint one of these days. Get a $15 harbor freight gun and to go the auto paint store, you'd be amazed what an amateur can lay down.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
dasalvykidd;1558873 said:
i have the same lip
i love the pre 89 bumper lol

I would love to have that lip, but it would never survive in my town....pot holes are a dome a dozen. And Speed humps are turning into mountains...but looks really nice. And love the stance of the car. I cant wait to get my wheels spaced out and flush.

dasalvykidd

Sep 1, 2009
516 Long Island
TweeT91109;1559051 said:
I would love to have that lip, but it would never survive in my town....pot holes are a dome a dozen. And Speed humps are turning into mountains...but looks really nice. And love the stance of the car. I cant wait to get my wheels spaced out and flush.

yea lol i wish i can go lower with my car but the lip scrapes everywhere i go
and my car isnt even that low lol heres a pic

23477_1378899919972_1456133002_974214_2871151_n.jpg

MA71

Nov 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
Thanks guys.

The wheels are Panasports
Yes I like the pre-89 bumper with the 89+ mirrors and wing and I'm glad I did it.
Yes my lip scrapes everywhere.. and I mean Everywhere!. but hey, whatever :p

Zach;1559026 said:
When I see a car with terrible paint I always know that most everything else on the car reflects the amount of care and expenditure that was given to the exterior.

I totally understand leaving a car stock body.

I totally understand waiting to paint a car until the mechanicals are done.

I do not, however, believe that anyone with the means to correct bad paint willingly leaves it alone. (with the exception of a barn-find Bugatti or two)

You're correct that it's not for everybody. The people who tell you they like it only think they like it because it somehow justifies the crappy paint on their S13.

Congrats on getting the car this far, just treat it to some paint one of these days. Get a $15 harbor freight gun and to go the auto paint store, you'd be amazed what an amateur can lay down.

Thanks for the comments
I actually do know how to paint, below is one of my other cars. I did the majority of the paint and body work on it.
I also painted the pre-89 bumper that is on the supra now

I just Really like the look the supra has right now..... i really Am Choosing to leave it like that (with the exception of the fender. and I'll probably spray the mirrors). I just think that with the rest of the work done, with the cage and the suspension and the engine, it will look even more like a straight Functional car. no frills, just the necessities. and i like that :) :)

my rabbit I painted
leavenworthJoel7.jpg