just some pics

walkertx2008

Vivian is a bad Bitch
Oct 1, 2008
Robins Air Force Base, GA
NEW PICS ADDED OF THE CROSS COUNTRY TRIP!!!!!

this is my baby, she is uber dirty right now (Kentucky winter) but me and my friend are taking her to California soon, so once i get out there and get her all clean i will take some better pics, but give me some feed back what do u guys think?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1214006_1.jpg

p1214006_2.jpg

p1214006_3.jpg

Last edited:

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Nice car! Id take off those stickers ASAP! Even the supra decal on the window...And maybe buy a real air filter...

Nice car though! Good luck on the drive to CA

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
If you took the stickers off and re did some of the wiring in your bay it would be a nice car ;) But I usually don't like those rims but on Supra's but your car can pull it off just fine!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
sm_photo_missing.jpg

1) Fix the slop in the cable
2) Brake fluid needs to be flushed, 12 years ago.
3) This doesn't do anything except get in your way.
4) This general area needs some love.
5) OMGWTFBBQ!? Scotchlocks are the devil- not to mention the routing of that wire altogether...

Otherwise, car looks good- the stickers aren't my style, but if you like them then more power to you my man. :)

walkertx2008

Vivian is a bad Bitch
Oct 1, 2008
i like the stickers, thats why i found them and spent money on them.

most of that engine wiring was done before i got the car, it hasn't affected any of the performance so i don't pay attention to it. the strut bar hasn't gotten in my way... if it did i wouldn't have put it on...

yes i got the 3000 pipe off ebay, great deal and since i am accenting the car with blue i had to buy it when i saw it.

the rims actually only cost me 300 bucks for the set, i got them from tire discounters new, the brand is urban racing, i don't know the model. i believe they are discontinued.

the car has actually been repainted (before i got it) from a distance it looks nice but close up it ain't perfect, i am gonna get it repainted nice, smooth and glossy later, but it is gonna be the same color, a variation of gunmetal gray, same as the rims.

the big CB antenna is temporary until i get my own CB instead of my friends, then i am getting a window mount antenna, much more sleek.

the car is finished for now but once i get the money saved up i am gonna fix all the body work (pretty sure there is some) and fix any and all performance problems also.

thanks for the input guys keep it coming.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
walkertx2008;1214390 said:
most of that engine wiring was done before i got the car, it hasn't affected any of the performance so i don't pay attention to it. the strut bar hasn't gotten in my way... if it did i wouldn't have put it on...

A little preventative maintenance goes a long way... That wiring should be addressed. Especially if there are more scotch locks on there- they eat through wires with a quickness- causing shorts, corrosion, all sorts of problems.

And I was simply telling you that a strut bar on these cars (regardless of whether it's front or rear) does nothing for performance. Double wishbone suspension is a beautiful thing. To use IJ.'s words, if were a Mcnoodlewobbly setup, a strut bar would be functional. (Macphearson style) But on these cars, it's just adding weight, which we need no more of. :)

walkertx2008

Vivian is a bad Bitch
Oct 1, 2008
thats understandable with the strut bar, but i liked the way it looked and when i bought it it seemed like it helped a little so that why i still have it. and the wiring was done by the idiot who owned the car before me, and by idiot i mean idiot.

i bought the car off ebay for 3900 bucks, and the guy lied about everything on it, since purchase i have had to drop about 9000 bucks into it fixing all of the problems, everything from clips on the rear seats to the entire transmission and clutch to the whole turbo setup... with all the work i have done to this car its pretty much a brand new car with and older body... and im still not done... i know there is and will be more work that needs to be done to the car but for now i have no money to take care of it... once i do i will fix all the problems i can find with the vehicle... but i try and treat her as best i can and make sure everything is in working order on her... its all i can do right now... but as for the wiring now that i kno it is not a great job i will try and remedy the problem by either taking it to my mechanic or getting advice from you guys on how to fix it... thanks for the help.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
shaeff;1214715 said:
A little preventative maintenance goes a long way... That wiring should be addressed. Especially if there are more scotch locks on there- they eat through wires with a quickness- causing shorts, corrosion, all sorts of problems.
And I was simply telling you that a strut bar on these cars (regardless of whether it's front or rear) does nothing for performance. Double wishbone suspension is a beautiful thing. To use IJ.'s words, if were a Mcnoodlewobbly setup, a strut bar would be functional. (Macphearson style) But on these cars, it's just adding weight, which we need no more of. :)

Sometimes its the small things that end up putting our cars in a garage for short periods of time and long ones.... You kno, not changing a temp sensor because you will do it when you get time and due to a bad misfortune the car overheats blowing the head gasket.... My Experience. To fix that wiring would only take 25 min and about 10 bucks. :D Car Looks Great by the way...

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
walkertx2008;1215148 said:
well if someone can walk me through how i should fix that wiring i would love to have the help... so if ne one can help that would be great...

Hmm, 1st you are gonna need the right tools. Basic stuff for this fix.... A nice splicer, some connectors, Electric Tape.... And some wire.... I am a car audio installer soo I used some wire I had laying around that was used for the remote.. You can buy all this stuff at Wal-Mart for cheap if you dont have it. Just go to the car stereo section.... But 1st you need to decide if you want to Solder or just use connectors... I just used connectors(note soldering is the best way to go but it takes some skill to get this this done right)... :) I wish I had a picture of when I fixed mine but I pulled the engine soo its just wires hanging around.... I will try and snap a picture so you get the idea of wht can be done...