just sayin hi...

DDR_Man70

May 16, 2007
fairfield, ca
well, i just got my supra yesterday at 2 in the afternoon. but we couldnt drive it back. we needed adjustments to the throttle and a new left headlight. the body isnt in best condition and the cooling system is shot to shit. i also need a new alternator. at least we were able to get it back though. well anyways, its and 87 turbo targa for 1700 bucks. i think i came out pretty good. it would be nice if everyone gave me some pointers. i already have a source for some but more is always appreciated. thanks everyone.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
FIrst thing I would suggest is to make sure that your motor is in good condition. Do the normal stuff like changing the oil.but do a compression test after you get it running normaly.
Then you can start replacing all the asorted belts and hoses that were neglected over the years. Seriously,a cracked vacume hose will make this car run like shit.

DDR_Man70

May 16, 2007
fairfield, ca
i'd say its in a pretty good condition. we were giving it a run last night. we threw an extra quart of oil in it because it was low. the coolant was a puke red. it was the reason it overheated halfway up here. were actually supposed to do major work to it today. well, not too major. lets just say im not gonna want to see the money go so quickly. besides cooling problems, the alternator is bad. and the car has a bit of body damage that i want to fix asap. thanks for your suggestion. i hope to have a great time with this car.:biglaugh:

DDR_Man70

May 16, 2007
fairfield, ca
i know the head gasket was replaced because i got the old one sitting in the hatch. that may have been the problem. the oil looked good so i know its not contaminated. but we kinda ran water through the radiator and it worked fine afterwords. only problem was that we got the coil packs wet and it misfired for about 5 miles. after that the engine started waking from its long slumber. the first thing were probably gonna do is take off the head and see whats up with it and then torque down the head.

Last edited:

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Welcome, looks like your priorities are in the right place. Doing maintenance first and then mods, will definitely prolong the life of your new car.