just joined the 1uz club

2jzswapper

JZ builder/Wiring Guru
Nov 6, 2007
Redding, ca
Been following this build up, looking great. Very clean work! My bud is doing a 1UZ auto swap in his 87, I'll tell him about your mounts.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
dubsupra209;1485072 said:
damn she looking great coming along nice.....i like alot....
lol the shell is so beat down it'll never look good, but it's getting there. One of these days you'll have to stop by my new house. and btw, I'm going to try to get the 1UZ supra to fresno for the meet. But right now I'm not sure if it's going to be done by then because I'm so slammed at work. I've been working my 8 hour shift, then leaving and coming back in two hours and then work 2-4 more hours, and it's not looking like it's going to let upfor months... blah....

2jzswapper;1485601 said:
Been following this build up, looking great. Very clean work! My bud is doing a 1UZ auto swap in his 87, I'll tell him about your mounts.
Right on! I'll try to get the new mounts posted on my store before this weekend.
Turbo Skegget;1485602 said:
Last pic = tight, like mens anus :D
that's the gayest thing I've heard all week.

so anyway I finally found a brake booster that clears the heads!!!!! woohoo!
and it should be good enough for the supra. I cross referenced the part number off of it, and they used the same booster on 1 ton moving vans!

one of the other things I wanted to bring up it the fact that there's room for moving the engine back 1/2" to 1" without bamaging the firewall, but you have to do a couple of things to make it work. the first thing is to ditch the abs because the lines, and the sheilding over them keep the engine from moving back up to 3/4". the other thing is the brake booster. even with the smaller diameter booster like I found, you still can't move the engine any furthur back because of it. So if you made a deletion plate like CJ did You could definately move it so that your shifter would be all the way back in it's cutout. Which would be sweet considering I personally think it's too far forward from the factory.

btw once I source a vendor I'll have the boosters for sale on my site.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
foreverpsycotic;1456521 said:
http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/Solid-Steel-1UZFE-MkIII-Supra-Engine-Mount-0000-0002.htm

http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/1UZFE-to-R154-Bellhousing-adaptor-plate-only-0000-0003.htm

I hate misspellings on websites, so I fixed what I saw for you. Nice looking swap, I might be hitting you up for some mounts eventually (unfortunately I wouldn't use the adapter, if I ever go 1uz it will have a built auto behind it).
I wouldn't run the stock compression over 10psi. As far as I know, Ross is the only company that makes forged pistons for the 1uz (8.5:1 compression with stock heads/gaskets)

I just got around to fixing the grammatical errors. Thanks!
I also added the uhmw mounts
and right now the only thing holding up my swap is ,oney for exaust and a custom driveshaft.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
your telling me rich already ls1'd the cressida? but you dont have this shit bucket ready?....

next time i go to tracy i'll hit you up. how are those barrels? cause i need to make some custom stainless shit. if you need any car parts let me know, i still get a better discount than most.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
the cressida is getting there, I actually plan on posting pics of the ls1 in it later tonight.

As far as my project goes, I've got the wiring and exaust left and that's it.

and yes tanner I need some stuff, mainly fluids to go into the swap. I need lube for both the engine and the transmission, plus coolant.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
give me a list, i'll go and get the shit and you can just pay me back.

and last time i was in tracy i was up till 4am building a stroker motor for an eclipse... so when i do go back, im hella busy...

i just made another set of IC pipes from duhig's stainless, LOVE that stuff. haha

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
Rennat;1505976 said:
give me a list, i'll go and get the shit and you can just pay me back.

and last time i was in tracy i was up till 4am building a stroker motor for an eclipse... so when i do go back, im hella busy...

i just made another set of IC pipes from duhig's stainless, LOVE that stuff. haha

4U2QUIK;1506054 said:
well, I can't remember right off hand how many quarts of the mtx it takes to fill the tranny, and how many quarts of oil it takes to fill the engine. (I guess you could figure it out when you get to your old workplace. lol). and just get whatever the reccomended oil is for the 1uzfe.

and....?

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
4U2QUIK;1515125 said:
thanks for the mt90 tanner!
and if anyone cares, the project is stalled out till i get my tax returns......

haha same with me...i know how you feel takes forever to get them back.. :(